Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 08:48 PM

489 posts, read 911,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
tdm51, R.Talbott is this the map you are referring to? I'm assuming so. This map shows 34 projects at various stages I assume.

Mr "urban development" made a ridiculous(as usual) statement. Something to the effect that growth Uptown was vastly superior to DT Raleigh. A fact that is easily shot down as bold baseless nonsense. We have been over this many times. The facts are the facts. If you don't like the that's your problem. Wishing something is true doesn't make it true. The fact is that 34 is a good number of projects going on at one time. In whatever stage. For any city. I came up with 28 last night from memory in DT Raleigh. Thought of a few more today. Point being the amount is about equal. Period. Those are the facts guys. By the way the 30 or so don't count anything in MT Raleigh. I have listed the projects before no need to do it again. I can if it floats your boat though.

As far as one of you liking me. I never liked you. You talk out of both sides of your mouth too much for me. To be honest. Most of your posts are on point. When it comes to this thread you lose all credibility. You go right along with the rest of the Charlotte echo chamber.

R.Talbott why are you still talking about Top Golf? It must have as my granddaddy used to say burned your britches. When they decided to come to the Triangle and not to the obviously superior Charrrrrrrrrrrrlotte.

It must be something in the water down there? Is the Kraft Foods HQ in Charlotte? That would explain a lot.
Still talking about Top Golf? I mentioned it once.

Also, no. That is not the map.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:36 AM

363 posts, read 445,092 times
Quote:
This is a specific list. There are a few new projects now. This doesn't include Hillsbrough St or Cameron Village. Or MT Raleigh. You know I think this is more than 34?

tdm51. The floor is yours sir.

You are right let's be civil. You I can deal with. But you have to admit. When someone wants to insult a specific project. It would be best to have ones facts straight. I couldn't help myself on that one. He left himself wide open. On that one
The map and that link is all I really have to offer as far as a list is concerned. I do not have a detailed knowledge of projects, nor have I claimed that Charlotte has more than Raleigh or the other. I spend about 3 days a week in Raleigh, and live in Charlotte, so I like to see what both cities have going on.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkTS...ature=youtu.be
Someone posted this on the Charlotte forum. Pretty cool! Girl visiting from Australia giving her perspective.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:39 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,865 times
Greystar purchases uptown Charlotte site, plans to start 33-story apartment tower next year - Charlotte Business Journal

Wigfield says the firm hopes to break ground on the as-yet-unnamed development in late January or early February.

Another groundbreaking

Old 12-23-2014, 12:54 PM

489 posts, read 911,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Greystar purchases uptown Charlotte site, plans to start 33-story apartment tower next year - Charlotte Business Journal

Wigfield says the firm hopes to break ground on the as-yet-unnamed development in late January or early February.

Another groundbreaking
And????????? Is this supposed to impress me????????????????????????

/Atowwn out

Old 12-23-2014, 01:47 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post

Another groundbreaking
Ground floor retail huh? Maybe the will open a decent restaurant Uptown. Instead of more chain crap

In all seriousness. Is anyone supposed to be impressed with a potential ground breaking? Really guys, someone's getting desperate.

Do you have any idea how many projects are supposed to start in Raleigh in the same time period? You might want to check before posting next time. Just some freindly advice

Last edited by Atowwn; 12-23-2014 at 02:16 PM..

Old 12-23-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Talbott View Post
And????????? Is this supposed to impress me????????????????????????

/Atowwn out
Haha

Old 12-23-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Ground floor retail huh? Maybe the will open a decent restaurant Uptown. Instead of more chain crap
Do you ever have anything positive to say? So predictable.

Edit: After looking at the Raleigh list, where you included things such as Carolina Ale House, A Holiday Inn Remodel, and about a dozen or more, dare I say, BORING renovations... the fact that you would act so dismissive towards this is laughable.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I don't see a problem with the food here. But thank you for that bias opinion.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm51 View Post
Do you ever have anything positive to say? So predictable.
Nope just burns him on the inside when Charlotte does something or get a shiny new building to the skyline lol or the urban development that's going on a massive level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina