Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 05:13 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Are you comparing PNC to Banks of America and Well Fargo. It is no comparison. We also have Ally Bank Building, BB&T Building, First Citizen Bank Building. BOA has its name on 3 buildings, Well Fargo has it name on 4 buildings. Also 5/3 Bank Building.
Grow up? Because I questioned your unfair comparison. CCCP numbers(your numbers) uptown,southend,and partial midtown numbers against only DT Raleigh. How is that a fair comparison?

Second the only reference I made to PNC is PNC Arena compared to TWC Arena.

If you want to do a comparison do a fair one. That would be the grown up thing to do. Also read the post before you reply to it!

Old 01-20-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I also said that Raleigh has good restaurants and entertainment. I did not brig up the Epicentre and NC Music Factory which downtown Raleigh not anything like them.
The I-Max must be like the one at Stonecrest in South Charlotte.

The question was what Charlotte has to be a level above Raleigh's downtown.
Nobody asked that question. Maybe the question was about over all city comparison.

By the way the IMAX screen DT is the largest in the state. 70 feet

https://www.imaxraleigh.org/aboutus/FAQs

Charlotte offers VERY little that can't be found in Raleigh/Triangle.

You need to grow up and understand not everyone is obsessed with DT or UT.

By the way have you ever been to Glenwood South? Nothing like NC Music Factory please.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:02 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,967,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Nobody asked that question. Maybe the question was about over all city comparison.

Huh, I didn't know that. I figured it was one of the mini-IMAXes but it's actually the real mccoy. That's kinda cool. (I had never actually seen anything on it).

Old 01-20-2015, 06:23 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,107 times
From what I have seen on this forum, no one has said everything in Charlotte is better than Raleigh.

But Raleigh has failed the citizens of Raleigh with CAT Transit. The figures I have see is 14,000 people a day. Around 3% of Raleigh's population uses CAT (GO Raleigh). A good transit system has a frequency of service from 15 minutes to 20 minutes and bus routes cover most of the city. Raleigh has too many routes with 30 minutes to 1 hour. This schedule will not encourage ridership.

I watch the December 2014 Transit meeting. Raleigh wants to improve the transit system. Let hope the people who make the decisions will consider the cost, frequency of service and transit route. Raleigh will have to enhance CAT to supply riders to ant LRT system.

The most talk about route is from Cary to downtown Raleigh and up north near Capital Blvd. I hope the people of Raleigh and Cary are willing to paid a tax to fund this plan.

Raleigh needs to setup and make CAT a better system and get their 20,000 to 30,000 people a day. To do this, put bus routes where most people want to go.
I am sure the people who run the CAT would want and know what to do to increase service.

It is going to be a hard sell to the US DOT for funds when they see 14,000 people a day uses CAT.

Triangle Transit from what I know is service to RTP.

I have seen what LRT has done in Charlotte and I fell it could do the same for Cary and Raleigh.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:26 PM

The I-max at Discovery center is 360 degrees.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:27 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:
The post you quoted has nothing to do with you

Except for pointing out we were discussing your possible move.
What in the world are you talking about? Yes, I will be moving there and have spent extensive time in both cities (downtown/uptown, etc). And yes, right now, Charlotte (uptown/downtown or whatever you wanna call it) has a faster "city" pace than downtown Raleigh...kind of obvious to me which I actually prefer.

When I worked downtown Charlotte last year, I parked in Southend and walked across I-277 to work (15 min). When I did work in downtown Raleigh last year, I easily found reasonable parking rates downtown without nearly the DCish style traffic and headache to ingress or egress downtown.

Downtown Charlotte is simply bigger, faster, etc.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:34 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:

Charlotte offers VERY little that can't be found in Raleigh/Triangle.

You need to grow up and understand not everyone is obsessed with DT or UT.

By the way have you ever been to Glenwood South? Nothing like NC Music Factory please.
Glenwood South..absolutely (partying, etc). Comparing downtown Charlotte to downtown Raleigh isn't a fair fight but amenity comparisons between Charlotte and the Triangle is. I am not obsessed, just my objective observation having a spent a lot of time in both...you seem to take offense to that. Raleigh will get there..... I hope the light rail comes to fruition in RDU area.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:58 PM

NC Music Factory
NC Music Factory

A hotel is plan, apartments and AvidXchange Headquarter. No I don't think it is like Glenwood South.
Lofts at NC Music Factory.

Last edited by CLT1985; 01-20-2015 at 07:08 PM..

Old 01-20-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
What in the world are you talking about? Yes, I will be moving there and have spent extensive time in both cities (downtown/uptown, etc). And yes, right now, Charlotte (uptown/downtown or whatever you wanna call it) has a faster "city" pace than downtown Raleigh...kind of obvious to me which I actually prefer.

When I worked downtown Charlotte last year, I parked in Southend and walked across I-277 to work (15 min). When I did work in downtown Raleigh last year, I easily found reasonable parking rates downtown without nearly the DCish style traffic and headache to ingress or egress downtown.

Downtown Charlotte is simply bigger, faster, etc.
I can agree with this. We may disagree about most things. But you never try to pull a fast one with the facts. That I can respect. Even if we have a difference of opinion.

Most of the other Charlotte posters have no idea what is even in DT Raleigh or anywhere else in Raleigh or the Triangle. Obviously.

It would be a better comparison and maybe better for DT if all the stuff in MT was DT. A lot of people hate that place for that reason. They feel all the stuff out there should be DT. Movie,bowling,hotels ect. I like it if for no other reason it saved A LOT of historic buildings. Could you imagine all the stuff that would have gotten bulldozed if 3 hotels,4 towers,and 7 or 8 apartments were built DT. Along with all the stuff being built or planned.

I'll agree to disagree. Because me and most Raleigh natives aren't prepared to part with ANY of our historic buildings. So it looks like for the foreseeable future we will be a little slower and spread out.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
NC Music Factory
NC Music Factory

A hotel is plan, apartments and AvidXchange Headquarter. No I don't think it is like Glenwood South.
Lofts at NC Music Factory.
You need to come to Raleigh. Because you have no idea what you are talking about. Google the West,the Granercy,the link, 220'the saint, devon 425.

I can't even tell you how many bars and restaurants are on Glenwood and West streets. Not to mention live music venues.

Last edited by Atowwn; 01-20-2015 at 07:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina