Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 05:31 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Everyone knows Charlotte's traffic is the worst in N.C.. Period if you have an issue with that take it up with the Bizjournls. The article I liked clearly disagrees with you. The traffic is bad deal with it. Only you would say otherwise. But once again I must consider the source

By the way,now Durham is cool? Any other time you go on about how boreing It is. Don't let the subject of crime come up. All of you are all over Durham. Pitiful lol
Are you done? Now let me put my reading glasses on so I can give you a good read since you insist on coming for me and throwing shade at Charlotte. I've never ever said that our traffic wasn't the worse. I mean it is and it's the largest city between Atlanta and Dc metro area for one and with that comes traffic. Just look Google maps in morning and see all the red in the major metros. There's also more people moving here faster then the NCDOT can keep up. Its a state issue, not Charlottes. Now Durham is a city that I love. Love the tobacco district and the old history there. Something Raleigh nor Charlotte has. I May have said Something about the crime in Durham but I've never been disrespectful to Durham like you are to Charlotte.

Now this has been bothering me for a while but you keep saying
Quote:
Atowwn But once again I must consider the source
so what is it that your actually trying to say because acquiring minds want to know?

Last edited by choloboy36; 02-13-2015 at 05:42 PM..

Old 02-13-2015, 06:24 PM

363 posts, read 444,858 times
Quote:
Whatever figures you come up with,the experts disagree. Any other questions take up with Forbes.

I'll go with the opinion of Forbes over yours,sorry. But I think most people would.

By the way you didn't dig up any employment numbers? Clearly not in your favor,oh ok. I'd leave that alone too. Never mind
The U.S. Cenus is more reliable than Forbes. You look foolish.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:45 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Are you done? Now let me put my reading glasses on so I can give you a good read since you insist on coming for me and throwing shade at Charlotte. I've never ever said that our traffic wasn't the worse. I mean it is and it's the largest city between Atlanta and Dc metro area for one and with that comes traffic. Just look Google maps in morning and see all the red in the major metros. There's also more people moving here faster then the NCDOT can keep up. Its a state issue, not Charlottes. Now Durham is a city that I love. Love the tobacco district and the old history there. Something Raleigh nor Charlotte has. I May have said Something about the crime in Durham but I've never been disrespectful to Durham like you are to Charlotte.

Now this has been bothering me for a while but you keep saying so what is it that your actually trying to say because acquiring minds want to know?

Old 02-13-2015, 07:48 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,061 times
Quote:
Whatever figures you come up with,the experts disagree. Any other questions take up with Forbes.

I'll go with the opinion of Forbes over yours,sorry. But I think most people would.

By the way you didn't dig up any employment numbers? Clearly not in your favor,oh ok. I'd leave that alone too. Never mind
Look it up on the US Census. I do not use any other source. Forbes is make you feel only BS. Forbes has to sell magazines. I gave you Charlotte employment numbers where is Raleigh's numbers.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:57 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm51 View Post
The U.S. Cenus is more reliable than Forbes. You look foolish.
No sir you look foolish,again. There is more to growth than raw numbers. They consider job growth and other factors. When considering growth.

If you have an issue take it up with Forbes. I didn't make up the rankings. I just posted it.

I'll go with their opinion not some guy on city-data. Considering they are Forbes one of the most reputable organizations in the world. Oh and it's what they do. Just because the facts don't go your way don't insult me. Deal with it.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:03 PM

Guess what" Charlotte is bigger so it has to provide more jobs for a population over 800,000. There are more jobs in Charlotte than there are people in Raleigh which a lot of people go to RTP everyday to work.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Look it up on the US Census. I do not use any other source. Forbes is make you feel only BS. Forbes has to sell magazines. I gave you Charlotte employment numbers where is Raleigh's numbers.
Where are the unemployment numbers? Or did Forbes fix those too?

You are old enough to know better. The problem is Charlotte has to DOUBLE the number of jobs created to even keep pace with Raleigh. Why? Because the population is basically DOUBLE! Even considering the Triangle vs Charlotte metro. The Triangle is still almost a full point better. This is common knowledge,move on to something else. You don't have a leg to stand on buddy!

When your unemployment numbers come down below 5,let me know!

Last I saw Charlotte/Meck 5.1 Raleigh/Wake 4.1 %

Old 02-13-2015, 08:11 PM

Charlotte has over 17,308 on average moving into Charlotte every year.
Raleigh has over 10,889 on the average moving into Raleigh every year.

Charlotte has to provide more jobs than Raleigh, this facts of life, you got more people you need more jobs.
Charlotte does not have the RTP to ship their people off to work as Raleigh does.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Guess what" Charlotte is bigger so it has to provide more jobs for a population over 800,000. There are more jobs in Charlotte than there are people in Raleigh which a lot of people go to RTP everyday to work.
Dose it matter where we go to work at? As long as we go and a check comes every once in a while,we're good. I think you might need a nap or something. Because your posts are getting desperate.

Find 1 source that's says Charlotte's job market is better. If it's true it shouldn't be hard to come up with one. All the lists publications come up with every week. It shouldn't be hard at all.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Charlotte has over 17,308 on average moving into Charlotte every year.
Raleigh has over 10,889 on the average moving into Raleigh every year.

Charlotte has to provide more jobs than Raleigh, this facts of life, you got more people you need more jobs.
Charlotte does not have the RTP to ship their people off to work as Raleigh does.
Ok. Score 1 for the Park then. Or that suburban office park. As y'all call it lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina