Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 12:54 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,865 times

Advertisements

Every time I see this pic I fill like Charlotte is missing half a skyline. It even stops at the 7th street station. Now these next couple years should be interesting with the build out of the extension.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:55 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,865 times
^
And that is a recent pic of center city hense all the new development you see.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:59 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm51 View Post
Im technically still right because looking at downtown raleigh is not nearly the same thing as looking over downtown charlotte. That isnt debatable..

or

love it when you take shots at me about things posted months back by the way.

And stop talking like you are the authority on everything.. "Things work differently here" Give me a break... stop acting like you are smarter than everyone else.
Obviously you aren't as smart as you think you are. Everyone can see you trying to wiggle out of an ignorant comment.

You're not even right technically. I'm not an authority on everything. It's seems you are an authority on nothing.

Everyone knows Charlotte has a better skyline. That's not in question. The comment you made was that there was no place/restaurant in Raleigh with a skyline view. If you would stop commenting on things you have no knowledge of,things would work out a lot better. Although that would probably cut your posts down to zero

Oh almost forgot about your comments from the other day. About Raleigh's #3 ranking compared to Charlotte's 38th ranking. Something about NYC,LA,and Chicago. Once again limited knowledge. Pitiful.

Last edited by Atowwn; 02-26-2015 at 01:22 PM..

Old 02-26-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
If there were 12 cranes up at the same time in downtown Raleigh prove it by pictures.
In the picture I post there were 8 cranes just for the Duke Energy site.
When you get a $900 million office tower in downtown Raleigh please let us know.
This is probably the silliest post you have ever made. The list I provided can easily be verified. It's basically common knowledge. You like the Raleigh Connoisseurs Blog so much. Use that as a reference

Maybe you should do a little research before making comments about what Raleigh will NEVER do.

You put your foot in your mouth buddy. Period end of story.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:27 PM

Developers buy ?dead zone? site between Glenwood South, Warehouse districts in downtown Raleigh - Triangle Business Journal

Duo Fonville and Morisey want to redevelop 53 houses near downtown Raleigh - Triangle Business Journal

Six Forks Road rental complex to be torn down - Triangle Business Journal

All new. All just this week. 2 downtown 1 midtown. Looks like Mayberry's growing like a weed. Aww shucks

Last edited by Atowwn; 02-26-2015 at 01:41 PM..

Old 02-26-2015, 01:30 PM

363 posts, read 445,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Obviously you aren't as smart as you think you are. Everyone can see you trying to wiggle out of an ignorant comment.

You're not even right technically. I'm not an authority on everything. It's seems you are an authority on nothing.

Everyone knows Charlotte has a better skyline. That's not in question. The comment you made was that there was no place/restaurant in Raleigh with a skyline view. If you would stop commenting on things you have no knowledge of,things would work out a lot better. Although that would probably cut your posts down to zero

Oh almost forgot about your comments from the other day. About Raleigh's #3 ranking compared to Charlotte's 38th ranking. Something about NYC,LA,and Chicago. Once again limited knowledge. Pitiful.
Stop with the smug comments. MY comment was how you said Raleigh was "on another level" from Charlotte due to a jobs list. A list those 3 cities weren't on. My point was, yes, Raleigh is killing it on jobs right now.. no one denies that. But No one is going to say Raleigh is "on another level" to NYC, LA, or Chicago. Because there is a lot more that matters than that one statistic.

For the umpteenth million time.. Raleigh has much better employment statistics, a tech sector to die for, fantastic higher education, wonderful suburbs.. RTP is amazing.. Raleigh clearly wins in multiple areas.

The only real argument I have made personally is.. Charlottes downtown is superior to Raleighs. And it is, and you are on crack if you don't realize that. Go read your own Raleigh forums, where it seems most the people there agree.. And this is off personal experience, and the experience of anyone I know who has spent time in both cities. If you are looking for a solid, walkable, urban core with mass transit, Charlotte clearly wins.

How smug you are is so damn unbearable. You act like you know everything, and every single thing you say is correct, and dismiss everyone else as stupid. Its insulting.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Stop with the smug comments. MY comment was how you said Raleigh was "on another level" from Charlotte due to a jobs list. A list those 3 cities weren't on. My point was, yes, Raleigh is killing it on jobs right now.. no one denies that. But No one is going to say Raleigh is "on another level" to NYC, LA, or Chicago. Because there is a lot more that matters than that one statistic.

For the umpteenth million time.. Raleigh has much better employment statistics, a tech sector to die for, fantastic higher education, wonderful suburbs.. RTP is amazing.. Raleigh clearly wins in multiple areas.

The only real argument I have made personally is.. Charlottes downtown is superior to Raleighs. And it is, and you are on crack if you don't realize that. Go read your own Raleigh forums, where it seems most the people there agree.. And this is off personal experience, and the experience of anyone I know who has spent time in both cities. If you are looking for a solid, walkable, urban core with mass transit, Charlotte clearly wins.

How smug you are is so damn unbearable. You act like you know everything, and every single thing you say is correct, and dismiss everyone else as stupid. Its insulting.
The problem is LA,NYC had nothing to do with the conversation. You always do that when you have no argument. That's the point. Also you should have looked up the employment numbers before making those comments. Stop making comments without FACTS to back you up. It looks bad man.

Another example was the Grand Bohemian discussion. You jumped in head first,without any knowledge of the facts. It's a habit with you. Word of advice,do a little research before jumping in. Google works.

Last edited by Atowwn; 02-26-2015 at 02:15 PM..

Old 02-26-2015, 01:51 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:

I always read the Triangle section on "another site" that Atowwwn has an account on where the posters are actually intelligent (well, most of them at least). Maybe he should spend a little more time over there reading

Old 02-26-2015, 01:54 PM

363 posts, read 445,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
The problem is LA,NYC had nothing to do with the conversation. You always do that when you have no argument. That's the point. Also you should have looked up the employment numbers before making those comments. Stop making comments without FACTS to back you up. It looks bad man.

Another example was the Grand Bohemian discussion. You jumped in head first,without any knowledge of the facts. It's a habit with you. Word of advice,do a little research before jumping in. Google works.
You clearly dont get the point I was trying to make. Again, shut with your condescending tone. You keep saying FACTS.. you keep using that word I think you do not know what it means. Remember the time you said Raleigh was growing more from a numerical perspective and I had to break out 4th grade math for you? Or the time I had to go post screenshots to show you how you contradicted yourself? Then you used the excuse of "you took all that time to do that?" Then proceeded to talk around the fact that you were wrong without admitting it, and hurling insults? We can all play that game. I actually admitted I was wrong on the Bohemian, and apologized. I think it will be a cold day before you admit you are wrong, which you are ever so frequently. Stop the act man.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:58 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
Wells Fargo has 20,000 employees in uptown and University Takes up 4 office building uptown.

BOA has approximate 18,000 employees uptown. It is the second largest bank holding company in the United States takes up 5 Office Building

Duke energy has approximate 7or8,000 employees in uptown. the largest electric power holding company in the United States, with assets also in Canada and Latin America.

Ally Financial has a building number of employee ?
BB&T Bank building
5/3 Bank Building
First Citizen Bank Building
Transamerica Insurance Region office Building

Fortune 500 companies does matter, when they have headquarters and large regional offices. Believe me Raleigh has been looking for a big company.

The total number working in uptown is over 100,000.
Uptown has 21.9 million square feet of office space

5.6 miles to CLT Douglas Int’l Airport
Transit System:
• 414K monthly LYNX riders
• 64K monthly Gold Rush riders
• 70+ bus routes
50,000+ parking spaces
12M visitors annually
18 cultural venues
214 restaurants & clubs1
89 pro/college sporting events
1,200+ cultural performances / year
Nearly 20,000 residents
12 colleges / universities

This what Raleigh is missing. You do not have a company with 15,000 to 20,000 employees in uptown . Raleigh only hope is that can get a supper large Fortune 550 to move downtown from a high cost area in the northeast. How know this many happen one day.

I am always seeing in the Business Journal companies coming to Charlotte's up opening an office with 50, 100, 550 and people Most all these jobs are between 50,000 & 150,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina