Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 06:20 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Recent picture (March 2015) of Midtown Raleigh

Southpark Charlotte Feb. 2015

Maybe instead of striving to be Buckhead, striving to be SouthPark might be a more a sorta realistic goal within a decade or 2
ISSUU - 2014 Year End Review & 2015 Outlook by Kane Realty

Hip, Urban Apartments For Rent In Raleigh NC | Jones Grant

Six Forks Road rental complex to be torn down - Triangle Business Journal

Campus Expansion - Duke Raleigh Hospital

For some strange reason. I think we're doing just fine

What is it with you and Midtown Raleigh? Are you staying up at night dreaming about it It seems that way because nobody has said a word about that area in a while. Then here you come with some crap picture. That doesn't even show the entire North Hills area. Not to mention the entire Midtown area.

Just a few things your pic didn't show. Half of the office park on Barrett Dr. Nothing on the Wake Forest Rd end. Coscos,Trader Joes,or Duke Raleigh Hospital(kinda a big deal) . The Hilton,Residence Inn,or Jones Grant. I could go on but I'm sure the point has been made.

One thing it did show is all new development coming to North Hills. If you look closely at the pic. You will see 4 brown spots (cleared sites)and 1 crane. In a few months6-8. Go dig up another pic. There should be 5 cranes visible by then. Fingers crossed. That should really make your day lol.

Next time you try to be a smart a**. Have your facts in order. Just a friendly word of advice

EDIT EDIT

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	448.5 KB
ID:	146780

Looks like you missed quite a bit.

Last edited by Atowwn; 03-24-2015 at 06:56 PM..

Old 03-24-2015, 06:35 PM

272 posts, read 380,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Hey I'm a Gay male so of course I love the high population here. Seems everyday that a lot more people are imbraceing their sexuality and be more out with it. I love it and Charlottes gay scene is starting to become more culturally diverse like San Diego and a smaller scale of west Hollywood in Los Angeles were I'm originally from. Me and my partner love it and sometimes we forget that were in the south when it comes to Charlotte. Had a couple say that me and my partner make a great couple and glad that we moved to Charlotte. We're actually starting to have a lot more fun with our nights out in Charlotte then we do normally in Atlanta. We don't go as often as we used to and a lot of our old friends comes here for a gay weekend out in Charlotte then what we normally would do in Atlanta also. Charlotte definitely has a very nice gay scene and changed so rapidly from when we moved here 2 and a half years ago.
I love San Diego!! anyways....LOL..... I'm not gay, but I have gay family members and a few friends that are gay/lesbian in Raleigh. They have no problem at all, so I don't really know what that poll really means, but I have heard otherwise that it's no problem in the Triangle.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post

What is it with you and Midtown Raleigh? Are you staying up at night dreaming about it It seems that way because nobody has said a word about that area in a while. Then here you come with some crap picture. That doesn't even show the entire North Hills area. Not to mention the entire Midtown area.

Just a few things your pic didn't show. Half of the office park on Barrett Dr. Nothing on the Wake Forest Rd end. Coscos,Trader Joes,or Duke Raleigh Hospital(kinda a big deal) . The Hilton,Residence Inn,or Jones Grant. I could go on but I'm sure the point has been made.

One thing it did show is all new development coming to North Hills. If you look closely at the pic. You will see 4 brown spots (cleared sites)and 1 crane. In a few months6-8. Go dig up another pic. There should be 5 cranes visible by then. Fingers crossed. That should really make your day lol.

Next time you try to be a smart a**. Have your facts in order. Just a friendly word of advice
Thanks for sharing!!

Old 03-24-2015, 06:42 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahlee boy View Post
I love San Diego!! anyways....LOL..... I'm not gay, but I have gay family members and a few friends that are gay/lesbian in Raleigh. They have no problem at all, so I don't really know what that poll really means, but I have heard otherwise that it's no problem in the Triangle.
I don't understand also. My mother which is a lesbian just got married in Raleigh to her girlfriend and everyone was happy that saw it. I think that poll is complete bullishness because when I go down I have a great time. They still come up here for a weekend gay experience but I've had no problems finding stuff to do when I come visit. Just false bad press thrown at Raleigh for no reason and the people actually publishing this crap.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:51 PM

Atowwn, any word on the developments downtown? I know that there have been around 10 building proposals for downtown Raleigh. 2 near the upcoming Union Station, a few at the old Greyhound terminal, some near the Round Holiday Inn building, Charter Square North Tower, hotels by the convention center, and a hotel near the McDonalds by Shaw University/Prince Hall district. I also wonder what the city is going to do with the old Lightner Building site & the old tire shop. If everything is approved, then Raleigh will have a lot of Cranes going up

Old 03-24-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I don't understand also. My mother which is a lesbian just got married in Raleigh to her girlfriend and everyone was happy that saw it. I think that poll is complete bullishness because when I go down I have a great time. They still come up here for a weekend gay experience but I've had no problems finding stuff to do when I come visit. Just false bad press thrown at Raleigh for no reason and the people actually publishing this crap.
Who knows...that's why it's always best for people to experience a city for themselves instead of going off of a magazine article and random polls.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:37 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post

EDIT EDIT

Attachment 146780

Looks like you missed quite a bit.

Those pictures were very fair of the representation of size of both areas. And the only reason I mention that is because I recall you saying SouthPark was smaller and more like the crabtree area or whatever. Then you declared Midtown will even somewhat resemble Buckhead in 10 years.

And I'm not clicking on your links not posting anything about SouthParks developments because I really am not interested in neither area. I'm just pointing out SouthPark is significantly larger... Not that it matters whose bigger, Its just annoying crow about it. Respect ally considerings it's much smaller size, density, etc of SouthPark which already has a strong identity and is a mature area.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:59 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Those pictures were very fair of the representation of size of both areas. And the only reason I mention that is because I recall you saying SouthPark was smaller and more like the crabtree area or whatever. Then you declared Midtown will even somewhat resemble Buckhead in 10 years.
If half of Midtown is not shown. How is it a fair representation? What happened is you tried to be cute and put your foot in your mouth,as usual

NOTHING that was on the screen shot I posted was on the pic you posted. How is that a fair representation of Midtown?

As usual you are trying to paint a picture that's not there. Charlotte is a great city. It offers a lot. Some things that you can't find anywhere in Raleigh or the Triangle. But it's not on some grand level,looking down on the rest of us,and never will be. Deal with it. If you want to make comparisons that's cool. Just naked sure you comparisons are accurate please.

Showing ALL of South Park in comparison to half of Midtown,speaks for itself.

You are right about one thing though. Midtown Raleigh is just getting started. It's about a third of what is planned. Not considering that it probably will connect to Highwoods. Then who knows how large the area will become.

Point being,Downtown,Midtown,Crabtree,Brier Creek,and even Triangle Towne are growing like crazy. Everywhere you turn,something's being built. Raleigh's doing just fine,thanks. Oh,Mayberry's doing just fine. Not to mention the rest of the Triangle.

Stop trying to put Charlotte on some higher level. It's not on

Last edited by Atowwn; 03-24-2015 at 08:18 PM..

Old 03-25-2015, 07:37 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,033 times
Three Charlotte eateries land on 'Top 15 N.C. Southern Restaurants' list - Charlotte Business Journal

Three Charlotte eateries have landed on Scoutology's list of the "Top 15 North Carolina Southern Restaurants."

Here are the local restaurants praised for their Southern dishes:

The King’s Kitchen & Bakery, 129 W. Trade St., is a "family style Southern restaurant serving dishes like braised red eye pot roast and gumbo."
Cajun Queen, 1800 E. Seventh St., which "cooks up fiery Cajun cooking like crawfish scampi."
Mert's Heart & Soul, 214 N. College St., which "makes Low Country classic like shrimp Creole and fried catfish."

Old 03-25-2015, 08:27 AM

363 posts, read 444,875 times
Quote:
Three Charlotte eateries land on 'Top 15 N.C. Southern Restaurants' list - Charlotte Business Journal

Three Charlotte eateries have landed on Scoutology's list of the "Top 15 North Carolina Southern Restaurants."

Here are the local restaurants praised for their Southern dishes:

The King’s Kitchen & Bakery, 129 W. Trade St., is a "family style Southern restaurant serving dishes like braised red eye pot roast and gumbo."
Cajun Queen, 1800 E. Seventh St., which "cooks up fiery Cajun cooking like crawfish scampi."
Mert's Heart & Soul, 214 N. College St., which "makes Low Country classic like shrimp Creole and fried catfish."
King's Kitchen is a great cause too.. they provide food and employment for the homeless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina