Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 03:33 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
It might be...Atlanta is getting anMLS team in 2017, so I could see one coming for NC sometime in the near future.
The Independence is starting this year out of Charlotte, I have no feel about their fan base.
http://www.charlotteindependence.com/about-the-club/

Old 04-28-2015, 03:33 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,161,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Combined Statistical Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Raleigh is at 2.037 million (#30), Charlotte is at 2.493 million (#21) - a difference of 456,000. The Triad is at 1.619 million (#33). Where did you get your numbers?

456,000 is a substantial difference, but my point is that it is more than made up for by Raleigh being the capital of NC and all the recognition and importance that comes with it. That is just my opinion. I think that they are both on pretty equal footing and I'm not trying to make one sound better than the other. It isn't.

As far as amenities...there have been things found in the Triangle that weren't found in Charlotte, and there have been things have been found in Charlotte that weren't found in the Triangle. There have even been things in the Triad that weren't found in Raleigh and Charlotte. There isn't enough difference in that respect to say that one has more than the other. Again, that's just my opinion.
JT: "Where did you get your numbers?" Where they usually pull their numbers, out their backsides, lol

All your statistics are spot on, the only thing to add is Raleigh CSA is growing at a rate of 6.52%, fastest growing of any CSA in the nation over 2 million people, that relatively negligible 456,000 is not much at Raleigh's CSA's growth rate and that's without considering the next financial crisis that hits Charlotte hard while it barely made blip one the Triangle economic radar. The Triangle economy is better equipped and better poised to ride the highs and the lows than Charlotte's economy.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Something seems fishy about a poster says the one with duplicate accounts who has a conversation wit himself between the 2 accounts.

Raleigh540: "Lollll Lawlz Ralz has all thes colleges and the Charlotte has he bedbugs lollll lawlz Raleigh #1 for soccer moms Raleigh has Central Parks lawlzzzz 15 weird facts"

Atowwwn: "Lollll lawlz rite Raleigh540 Bedbug Charlatans lawlzzzz I has friend who wants a good college but I said not Charlottw! Lawlzzzz Raleigh #1 soccer moms and has Central Parks"
This and duplicate account is all you got? Still beating that horse, huh? What better proof than you've lost the argument

Old 04-28-2015, 03:40 PM

I was in a group once and someone from another state asked if Charlotte was in North or South Carolina. Someone in the group from Atlanta quipped "Does it matter? For all intents and purposes, South Carolina." People howled with laughter!

Old 04-28-2015, 03:47 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
I was in a group once and someone from another state asked if Charlotte was in North or South Carolina. Someone in the group from Atlanta quipped "Does it matter? For all intents and purposes, South Carolina." People howled with laughter!
It's kind of ignorant for someone not to know in which state a major city is located, but some people do get NC and SC mixed up. I have met many people that thought Greensboro was in SC - I guess because of Greenville - but some people actually aren't sure where Charlotte is located. I'm not sure if it's because of Charlotte's location near the SC border or if they just don't know much about geography...but either way it's just kind of stupid to not be more aware of a major city's location.

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 04-28-2015 at 03:59 PM..

Old 04-28-2015, 03:54 PM

Charlotte's uptown Epicenter looks like a mall food court, people seem to be impressed by gas flames, man gets frozen yogurt with some toppings ("get some of that butterfinger", lol too funny!), men then proceed onto night time sparse light rail platform where…I kid you not…a lady approaches and asks "do you like strip clubs?", lol! Man ask stip club lady for a sample and she asks "how much your got?" Man asks how much, sounds like she says "$100" OMG, what is she selling?? Hahaha! Man says he doesn't want to ride train, who can blame him, lol ! Relatively few people get into the train at a pace that suggest they'd rather be anywhere else than uptown Charlotte, very few young people (except for the strip club lady) , train just sits there presumably waiting for more people to actually to get on the thing. Man steps out onto nearly empty uptown streets, looks around seemly bewildered at the lack of energy and stuff to do, nothing going on but a few folks roaming around apparently aimless and board. Men also seem board to death, someone ask's "Larry what are you doing" Larry says "Nothing, waiting to do something".

Bwaaaahahaha!!! :Hilarious!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sfJ0YTa7d8

Last edited by Raleigh540; 04-28-2015 at 04:37 PM..

Old 04-28-2015, 04:06 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,061 times
From Wake county report

Water Quality and Supply:
Unless stronger actions are taken, demand for drinking water in Raleigh and Eastern Wake County will exceed supply by 2060, given projected growth (Raleigh Water Resource Assessment 2014). Drought has already repeatedly challenged shallow reservoirs like Falls Lake. The NC Division of Water Quality has identified both Falls and Jordan Lakes as “impaired” or polluted waters. Wake County has wisely invested some of its open space bond funds in watershed protection, yet protecting and restoring the quality and quantity of our existing water supplies to keep up with staggering population growth in our area will require far sighted leadership in the future.

Growth | www.wakeupwakecounty.org

Old 04-28-2015, 04:33 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,766,753 times
Charlotte's uptown was vibrant and its light rail system that connected to South End was great. Something tells me this kid is just jealous that Raleigh doesn't have anything similar to LYNX.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Charlotte's uptown was vibrant and its light rail system that connected to South End was great. Something tells me this kid is just jealous that Raleigh doesn't have anything similar to LYNX.
Says clown troll who's says he's been to NC once in his entire life, basing his options on something he read on the internets, lol !

It's coming! Eventually to run into RTP, Cary, Raleigh and Union Station, North Raleigh will link to Union Station . Except this light rail will actually put you out at places you really want to be, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYqTVOzxyw8

Where do you live btw, Oklahoma? lol

Old 04-28-2015, 04:43 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,766,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
Says clown troll who's says he's been to NC once in his entire life, basing his options on something he read on the internets, lol !
No, I am basing my opinion of my actual visit to Charlotte and it seems pretty obvious that you want Raleigh to have the biggest and best of everything. Because its transit system is basically nonexistent and sucks, you decide to pick on Charlotte's, which, from my experience... was quite good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina