Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 09:40 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,161,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Technically the MSAs is apples to apples as the same criteria that applied to Charlotte's definition applied all over the nation. I understand your quarrel but it's not with my bit the federal OMB. You also realize at the beginning he does say debatable? Virginia Beach at #8 over Denver or Portland? Even you can't believe that.
Of course they're going to say "debatable" as they preceded with the rankings based on the study of facts and statistics, you're really going to hang your hat on that? lol

I don't have a quarrel with the Federal OMB. I simply go by the global standard for the world, the UN definition:

"The U.N. uses areas it calls “urban agglomerations,*” which measure the continuously built-up areas around central cities. It’s a different measure from the Metropolitan Statistical Area used by the U.S. Census Bureau."

So you see, Charlatans can continue to try an compare 4 counties to 10, doesn't fly

Old 05-04-2015, 09:43 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,305,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
Of course they're going to say "debatable" as they preceded with the rankings based on the study of facts and statistics, you're really going to hang your hat on that? lol

I don't have a quarrel with the Federal OMB. I simply go by the global standard for the world, the UN definition:

"The U.N. uses areas it calls “urban agglomerations,*” which measure the continuously built-up areas around central cities. It’s a different measure from the Metropolitan Statistical Area used by the U.S. Census Bureau."

So you see, Charlatans can continue to try an compare 4 counties to 10, doesn't fly
I'm really beginning to wonder about comprehension. I have always compared the Triangle to Charlotte. However, just like you referenced "facts" that's what I had to go with in that one that had the Triangle separated. I don't know how much the UN knows about the USA but if it makes you feel better...

Old 05-04-2015, 10:45 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post

Out of curiosity.

Are you Atheist?
Are you Gay?
Have you attended Duke or UNC?
Do you make 6 figures?
Do you work in the tech industry?
Do you have children?

I'm just curious because It would be pretty funny and hypocritical if you went on about how great it is for gays (in your opinion) but were straight, or bragged about how atheist Raleigh is (because religious people are stupid?) and you were religious. Or talked about how affluent an area was but you're not. Etc

42 post a day... Wow... Surely you have better things to do with your time? It's also a bit ironic that the very list youre so proud of, you're probably hurting those statistics.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:11 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
SpringHill Suites Charlotte Uptown. Opening in December 2016

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Uptown: Suite Hotel in Charlotte

Old 05-05-2015, 05:26 AM

Charlotte Knights new season begins for 2015..

Old 05-05-2015, 05:29 AM

Construction in first ward park.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:43 AM

Rail isn’t dead in Wake County transit plan
Rail isn

It would be like this line in Austin TX MetroRail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecgiEYQudMc

Old 05-05-2015, 05:47 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Construction in first ward park.
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/pol...e20224842.html

Looks like the Dix Park deal is a go!!

This is turning into a pretty good week for Mayberry lol.

Raleigh Union Station groundbreaking is Friday.

Looking good Mayberry lol. Keep it up!!!!

Edit: rail isn't dead yet lol. We'll see next week. Crossed fingers for two good weeks in a row!

Last edited by Atowwn; 05-05-2015 at 05:57 AM..

Old 05-05-2015, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Tuesday

Looks like the Dix Park deal is a go!!

This is turning into a pretty good week for Mayberry lol.

Raleigh Union Station groundbreaking is Friday.

Looking good Mayberry lol. Keep it up!!!!
Early backers of the park idea say they’re surprised the deal has taken so long. Former Mayor Charles Meeker threw his weight behind the plan in 2006, calling it “a bold vision for an exciting future.” But Meeker said he struggled to win support from Govs. Mike Easley and Bev Perdue before he left office in 2011.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/pol...#storylink=cpy

The law makers in Raleigh has finely given up trying to stop this. I think Raleigh can do a better job with the Dix property that the hot air in the north side of downtown Raleigh. You can thank Gov. Pat McCrory for thisone.
You need to post pictures to show us what is going on in Raleigh.

Last edited by CLT1985; 05-05-2015 at 06:57 AM..

Old 05-05-2015, 06:36 AM

Raleigh Downtown Planning Video,

Raleigh Downtown Plan Strategic Planning for Downtown Raleigh Future Development Kick-off Meeting - Feb 28th, 2014
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina