U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2013, 03:36 PM

6 posts, read 12,487 times

Advertisements

I'm AF and we'll be relocating to Pope this summer. I think I've finally narrowed down where we want to live to either Pinehurst or the Jack Britt area (basically I want to buy in an area that feeds into either Pinehurst elementary, Stoney Point, or New Century). We don't want to keep this house when we move again (4-5 years) because we're keeping/renting our house here in San Antonio. So knowing we're buying a house we want to sell again in 4-5 years, I'm trying to figure out which place has the best resale potential.

As far as I can tell Pinehurst and the area that feeds into Stoney Point are more established neighborhoods, not much new consturction. Whereas the New Century area is all new construction. I don't know if it's better to buy in an established area so when we go to sell we aren't competing against new construction or if it's better to buy new construction?

And based on what I see online it looks like the average number of days on the market in Pinehurst is 140-ish and the average in Fayetteville is around 100, so not too much different. But do you have any opinion on if one or the other areas would be a more sure resale?

Thanks for any input!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 03:53 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,235,249 times
It's really two different real estate markets. So I can't give you a good comparison.

I will say even looking into the future you will have a hard time competing against new construction that is selling for $70 a Sq. Ft. So buy a underpriced house in an established neighborhood away from new construction. You can find good deals on bank owned properties here.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:40 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,935,629 times
really depends. pinehurst is a lot smaller than fayetteville and rich people moving into the area is not very often anymore. fayetteville has a lot of high ranking military officials and other military, and a lot of wealthy corporate jobs so it'd probably be easier there just because fqayetteville has 200,000 people and pinehurst has 30,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina