Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 04:42 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
NH does not require helmets. They also do not require seatbelts above the age of 18. Good for NC for being pro-liberty.
It is NOT "pro-liberty" if some guy gets in a wreck, becomes a veggie, and leaches off the government for the rest of their life.

If motorcycle riders could be completely independent and self-sufficient for any cost associated with a wreck, then sure, go ahead. We need more organ donors.

But this $25 fine is crap, and not a deterrent.

And really, do they REALLLY think this issue deserves time and debate? I mean if the mid to late 1990s, sure go ahead, fix social programs.

I am so over this pseudo-republican majority in the state government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 07:27 PM

4,586 posts, read 6,412,272 times
THE new North Carolina General Assembly: Doing everything they can to remake NC into the New Alabama.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
NH does not require helmets. They also do not require seatbelts above the age of 18. Good for NC for being pro-liberty.
I agree. The government should give its citizens more choices in to how they live their lives. We must be a bunch of babies if we have to have a law to tell us how to live for every little thing. Do you need a law to tell you to apply sun block when your at the beach to prevent sun burn? Because sun exposure leads to cancer and that leads to higher medical costs....

The people on this thread "mad" at NC even considering loosening a helmet law would probably be fine with it if it were a Democrat pushing the idea.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,199,846 times
I dont care if people wear them or not. Just dont let them get free medical treatment when the squish their brains out...NOT ON MY DIME.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:08 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,377,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post

The people on this thread "mad" at NC even considering loosening a helmet law would probably be fine with it if it were a Democrat pushing the idea.
Really? Explain your thoughts behind that non sensible statement.

The choice of weather or not to wear a helmet depends on how much value you put on your head. Those who choose not to wear a helmet probably don't give it much thought.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:18 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,029,976 times
Next, they'll want mufflers to be optional.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:11 AM

50 posts, read 56,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I dont care if people wear them or not. Just dont let them get free medical treatment when the squish their brains out...NOT ON MY DIME.
If a motorcycle rider is wearing a helmet and the have an accident are you fine with them receiving medical treatment on your dime?

Old 03-29-2013, 12:35 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,286,480 times
I think that it would be better to forbid motorcycle riders from wearing any kind of helmet. Eventually, this would cut down on the noise pollution that they so cheerfully cause.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:56 PM

50 posts, read 56,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
I think that it would be better to forbid motorcycle riders from wearing any kind of helmet. Eventually, this would cut down on the noise pollution that they so cheerfully cause.
Ha!

Most motorcycle riders think people are looking at them and thinking they are cool, but the reality is most people are looking at motorcycle riders and thinking they are supremely uncool. The noise they make with their motorcycles, is their way of screaming "look at me, mommy! look at me or I'm going to cry!" HA!

Old 03-29-2013, 07:47 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,556,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltreehat View Post
Ha!

Most motorcycle riders think people are looking at them and thinking they are cool, but the reality is most people are looking at motorcycle riders and thinking they are supremely uncool. The noise they make with their motorcycles, is their way of screaming "look at me, mommy! look at me or I'm going to cry!" HA!
It is also a tactic to get motorists to take notice so they won't be run over because you are blabbing on the phone or texting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina