U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-29-2013, 09:55 PM
 
869 posts, read 439,049 times
Reputation: 851

Advertisements

Buddy Collins Nominated To Plum North Carolina Education Post, Despite Anti-Gay Record


Buddy Collins Nominated To Plum North Carolina Education Post, Despite Anti-Gay Record
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2013, 04:28 AM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,480,053 times
Reputation: 14917
What is 'Nominated To Plum North Carolina Education Post? What is it responsible for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 08:27 AM
 
Location: South Beach and DT Raleigh
11,810 posts, read 18,728,534 times
Reputation: 11123
McCrory and his cronies also killed the state office for Latino affairs.
Boy oh boy do I remember the littany of McCrory defenders from Charlotte telling us how wonderful he was and how he won't be like the other Republicans.....yeah....right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Boone, NC
1,047 posts, read 1,966,736 times
Reputation: 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
What is 'Nominated To Plum North Carolina Education Post? What is it responsible for?
Basically he'll be a member of the state Board of Education. Which is a problem because he thinks that it is perfectly okay for LGBT kids in the WS/FCS school system to be bullied to death.

McCrory is nominating Winston-Salem's most infamous bigoted piece of **** to be in a state educational position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 10:14 AM
 
2,912 posts, read 3,538,986 times
Reputation: 4103
Some of the extreme liberals who post here -- who really have no conception of what it means to be moderate -- can thank themselves for McCrory. In 2008 the extremists of the Democratic party just had to have a female governor, never mind that Moore or Cooper would have been far better. So they nominated a Stupid Cow who won in a landmark election year that was determined by moderates' dislike of Republicanism as embodied by George W. Bush, who was arguably the worst US president of modern times. The Cow, however, was not smart enough to be governor, not strong enough to hold the office, and not vested with enough integrity to announce her abdication in time for Democrats to mount an effective campaign against McCrory. Again -- thank yourselves. You had your Cow, and now you have McCrory (who, by the way, I personally voted against).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 11:05 AM
 
1,111 posts, read 1,686,469 times
Reputation: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
Some of the extreme liberals who post here -- who really have no conception of what it means to be moderate -- can thank themselves for McCrory. In 2008 the extremists of the Democratic party just had to have a female governor, never mind that Moore or Cooper would have been far better. So they nominated a Stupid Cow who won in a landmark election year that was determined by moderates' dislike of Republicanism as embodied by George W. Bush, who was arguably the worst US president of modern times. The Cow, however, was not smart enough to be governor, not strong enough to hold the office, and not vested with enough integrity to announce her abdication in time for Democrats to mount an effective campaign against McCrory. Again -- thank yourselves. You had your Cow, and now you have McCrory (who, by the way, I personally voted against).
Why does she have to be a cow just b/c she was a female governor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 11:08 AM
 
1,111 posts, read 1,686,469 times
Reputation: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
McCrory and his cronies also killed the state office for Latino affairs.
Boy oh boy do I remember the littany of McCrory defenders from Charlotte telling us how wonderful he was and how he won't be like the other Republicans.....yeah....right.
Stop blaming Charlotte for McCrory's actions! We all know that McCrory is getting his marching orders from Art Pope, if anyone to blame for his actions is Art Pope and the teabaggers running the GA, not Charlotte! You're trying to make this into a Charlotte vs. Raleigh thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 05:52 PM
 
869 posts, read 439,049 times
Reputation: 851
Really hate to say it but NC basically approved of this sort of thing when the voters passed Amendment One in a landslide while soon after states started approving gay marriage at the ballot box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Boone, NC
1,047 posts, read 1,966,736 times
Reputation: 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Really hate to say it but NC basically approved of this sort of thing when the voters passed Amendment One in a landslide while soon after states started approving gay marriage at the ballot box.
You mean the vote that took place at the same time as the Republican Presidential primary. They put it then for a reason, notice how ALL the other states who had gay marriage votes this year had them during the General Election.

We tried to get the word out. Believe me, I was one of the people calling and knocking on doors. But it was difficult to overcome that placement. Not to mention the confusion about the wording.

However, I understand that a lot of people have religious objections to same sex marriage. But if you are okay with LGBT kids being bullied and tortured in schools, okay with them killing themselves at much higher rates than their straight peers, then you don't get to call yourself religious, because you're a ****ing heartless beast.

That is what Collins represents and endorses, the systematic torture to the point of suicide of gay children. The issue of LGBT bullying in our schools transcends fights about gay marriage to simple human decency. That's all there is to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 07:01 PM
 
Location: White Plains, Maryland
460 posts, read 871,431 times
Reputation: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS94 View Post

That is what Collins represents and endorses, the systematic torture to the point of suicide of gay children. The issue of LGBT bullying in our schools transcends fights about gay marriage to simple human decency. That's all there is to it.
Just sincerely curious.... Can you show me where you found this information? For someone new to NC, how can I find out where he said things or did things to have you say that?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:29 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top