U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 06:10 AM

12 posts, read 15,489 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody I looking to move to North Carolina, just not sure where too, I see people on here talk more about the Triangle than actually Charlotte itself. What's the difference really between the two??? I'm 26, make around 60k I live now about 25 mins from downtown Detroit so I could always get to a Lions or Tigers game, nightlife, etc. I would like to do the same thing in NC and looking to move fast!! Tired of the cold and snow. I'm sure the snow down there is a joke compared to Michigan. Any suggestions on what I'm looking for??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 06:43 AM

3,856 posts, read 6,622,980 times
Do you have a job? That should be the first priority.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 AM

Yes 60k a year

Old 04-01-2013, 08:28 AM

11,224 posts, read 19,666,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb04 View Post
Yes 60k a year
Assuming the job is portable, both Charlotte and Raleigh have their advantages. Charlotte has the advantage is professional sports, Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill has the advantage in the number of colleges. Charlotte has a slightly lower cost of living.

Otherwise, there is 100+ pages of discussion comparing the two here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/north...ds-barred.html

Happy reading!

Old 04-01-2013, 09:18 AM

2,387 posts, read 3,330,323 times
I simplify the difference between the two as this...

Charlotte is a major city that is surrounded by suburbs (even into SC) that are all becoming increasingly dependent on Charlotte. I look at Charlotte as the Capital of the Carolina's (both of them)...

Raleigh is the largest city in a region of moderately large cities and small towns, many of which have different vibes entirely. It has the hockey team, which may be a deciding factor if you are into hockey. Raleigh is NC's capital and has a lot of state jobs associated with it...

Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 AM

50 posts, read 44,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb04 View Post
Hi everybody I looking to move to North Carolina, just not sure where too, I see people on here talk more about the Triangle than actually Charlotte itself. What's the difference really between the two??? I'm 26, make around 60k I live now about 25 mins from downtown Detroit so I could always get to a Lions or Tigers game, nightlife, etc. I would like to do the same thing in NC and looking to move fast!! Tired of the cold and snow. I'm sure the snow down there is a joke compared to Michigan. Any suggestions on what I'm looking for??
If you are tired of the cold and snow, want nightlife and sports teams, you should move to Miami not North Carolina.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 AM

1,356 posts, read 2,288,517 times
If you're into going to games in a downtown environment and nightlife, Charlotte would be more suited for you.

Charlotte has a NFL, NBA and a minor baseball league, Raleigh does not. Raleigh has an NFL team, Charlotte does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltreehat View Post
If you are tired of the cold and snow, want nightlife and sports teams, you should move to Miami not North Carolina.
Umm, I'm guessing the OP wants to move to North Carolina, not Miami or else this thread would be in the Miami forum.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 AM

50 posts, read 44,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
If you're into going to games in a downtown environment and nightlife, Charlotte would be more suited for you.

Charlotte has a NFL, NBA and a minor baseball league, Raleigh does not. Raleigh has an NFL team, Charlotte does not.

Umm, I'm guessing the OP wants to move to North Carolina, not Miami or else this thread would be in the Miami forum.
Ummmm, yeaaaaaah, but based on the OP's specifications I determined that Miami would be a more suitable location.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM

1,547 posts, read 2,169,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltreehat View Post
Ummmm, yeaaaaaah, but based on the OP's specifications I determined that Miami would be a more suitable location.

Based on your previous hateful posts - I do not think you are capable of determing anything but what kind of weed to smoke. I love Charlotte over Miami.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:19 PM

Lol at Miami I can't take too much heat I definitely wouldn't live there on 60,000 either.... What are some good cities to live in around charlotte in the burbs???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina