Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2013, 05:55 AM

1 posts, read 7,470 times

Advertisements

Can someone please tell me what the commute is like from the Pinehurst/Southern Pines areas to Fort Bragg? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 09:58 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,674 times
About an hour. Traffic isn't intense usually until you get on the Fort.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:52 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Depends on what part of PH. I used to go down 690 to Bragg Blvd through Spring Lake which dropped me off obviously on Bragg Blvd in Fay, which is the major thoroughfare. Took me 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 mins. However, I started going through Southern Pines...go through downtown on May St, turn right on Connecticut, go for like 3-4 miles, turn right on King Road probably 10 miles. Left on Plank Road for roughly 15 miles These are loooong roads with no lights, stop signs, businesses, driveways etc. Pretty much the autobahn of NC. Takes 30 mins. Drops you off at the Reily Road gate.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:25 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
Better watch out for the MPs! Those are Federal traffic tickets and you have to appear in court.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:32 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
Better watch out for the MPs! Those are Federal traffic tickets and you have to appear in court.
the only time i see a cop on 690, king road or plank road is when theyre responding to an accident. i drove them everyday for a long time.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:12 AM

7 posts, read 17,976 times
Hey, I live in Pinehurst and my husband works on Fort Bragg. The commute is anywhere from 45 min- 1 hr. The traffic isn't bad, just long- he takes the back entrance through Brag Blvd--- he hates it btw, it is 25 minutes of straight 2 lane road driving in the woods. People will go anywhere from 40 MPH - 70 MPH - you can pass the slow person.

So Pinehurst is really nice btw, really pretty, I love it. Southern Pines is has a younger crowd, lot of younger couples with kids-- cute shopping area with, restaurants, etc. And Southern Pines is 10 minutes closer. So if you were choosing between Pinehurst and Southern Pines I would def go with Southern Pines. Pinehurst is pretty, but it is really quiet and kind of boring.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:16 PM

14 posts, read 31,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaRomano View Post

So Pinehurst is really nice btw, really pretty, I love it. Southern Pines is has a younger crowd, lot of younger couples with kids-- cute shopping area with, restaurants, etc. And Southern Pines is 10 minutes closer. So if you were choosing between Pinehurst and Southern Pines I would def go with Southern Pines. Pinehurst is pretty, but it is really quiet and kind of boring.
Southern Pines isn't exactly fun either. The whole area is boring if you don't golf.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:45 AM

10 posts, read 75,442 times
Very. Very true.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 3,466 times
Can anyone tell me if the commute from Pinehurst to Fort Bragg is still doable? Or does it take too long? I've read these posts from 2013, but was wondering if anyone has anything new to offer. One person says commute is over an hour, and another says it can be done in 30 minutes. Anyone have anything else to offer? Is there anyone you know who is doing this commute right now? How long is it really?

Old 04-14-2016, 10:52 AM

983 posts, read 3,986,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjseba01 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the commute from Pinehurst to Fort Bragg is still doable? Or does it take too long? I've read these posts from 2013, but was wondering if anyone has anything new to offer. One person says commute is over an hour, and another says it can be done in 30 minutes. Anyone have anything else to offer? Is there anyone you know who is doing this commute right now? How long is it really?
They're saying they can go Plank Rd in 30 minutes, but it's really much longer than that if you obey the speed limit---the MPs WILL get you along there. I travel that way from Fayetteville to go Southern Pines to the doctor's office---and you don't dare speed like that other posted said he did on Plank Road. An hour is more reasonable.....unless you don't mind paying traffic tickets and having higher auto insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina