Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2006, 07:46 AM

62 posts, read 176,452 times

Advertisements

I contacted a few buyers agents, that had ABR, GRI after their names, and settled on a possible two (based on the speed with which they replied to my initial email). Told them I was looking for a house, not yet built, in a new development, and let them know I was looking at moving around June of next year. I also let them know I was coming up soon.

I got back a couple of emails saying they could help with finding a home, handle most of the inspections take pix etc, in short, represent me. They also set me up with a Morning report for Listing book, which shows houses already built.

Since then, I have sent both of them a couple of emails, one of which asked if they were familiar with a particular builder, the other requesting some general information, and have received no reply from either of them in over a month, except for the automated morning report (which has information I made clear I did not want). I also sent them an email asking "if they were still there" to which there was no reply.

I am not getting a good feeling from either one of them. True, I haven't signed anything yet, but they both know I am in south Florida and cannot get there easily to sign. The emails and such were intended to be, at least for me, "interviews" to see which one of these ladies I would like to represent me.
As it stands now, neither one of them seem to be interested in working with me and, due to the lack of response, I am becoming less inclined to consider either one of them.

Can anyone recommend a buyer's agent in the GSO,W-S, Burlington area that they have either worked with, or knew someone that worked with them (sucessfully, of course)? Finding one on line or out of a phone book is easy enough, but that doesn't show reputation or performance. I need someone that will handle my interests until I can make the permanent move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2006, 08:40 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
My suggestion would be this...if you have a Realtor that is going to sell your home, have their Relo dept. contact you. They will then send you through their Relo network and find a buyer's agent for you. Other than that...word of mouth is always good.

I'm actually a Realtor in Raleigh/Cary so I can't help you. What I have been noticing, at my office, is that most of the agents (including me) are pretty busy with our in town referrals. However, I try to help people and if I find that I am too busy, I'll happily refer them to another agent in my office that I feel will give them good service.

I have also noticed that when someone calls me from one of my signs...I'm always amazed (after years and years) that they tell me out of the 4 agents they called, I was the only one who returned their call. I just don't get it either but...you really want an agent that will give you the best customer service you can get and if they aren't calling or emailing you now...I doubt it will get any better.

There are so many agents out there that would love to help you...please keep looking until you find one.

Vicki

Old 10-08-2006, 08:42 AM
mom

9 posts, read 53,671 times
Default I share your concerns

We also are relocating to NC from Florida.
We have had no success finding realtors that follow-thru.
We are used to aggressive realtors down here.
Maybe it's the laid back attitude in NC. Who knows?
Good LUCK - you're not alone.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:56 PM

229 posts, read 1,054,023 times
Wink Who are you working with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom View Post
We also are relocating to NC from Florida.
We have had no success finding realtors that follow-thru.
We are used to aggressive realtors down here.
Maybe it's the laid back attitude in NC. Who knows?
Good LUCK - you're not alone.
Which area are you looking in in North Carolina? Some agents, that aren't from North Carolina, will go to bat for you and find you exactly what you are looking for..

Our market is still hot and some agents that have been in the business forevery haven't had to work hard to make a payday. Others, are more assertive, and on their game.

Moderator cut: tos violation . I've lived in Chapel Hill, gone to school in Durham, play tennis in Raleigh, and live in Cary.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-11-2008 at 07:02 AM..

Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 AM

44 posts, read 127,782 times
for future reference you can go to REALTOR.com - Real Estate Listings & Homes For Sale to find a list of buyers agents in whatever area of the country you are interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina