U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 04:49 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,152,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
Of course, I'd love to hear the best thing also-hope that didn't sound to negative!
1. weather
2. nascar
3. beach
4. mountains
and on an on. more positives then negatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 05:17 PM

32,064 posts, read 13,095,660 times
Worst things:
Trash
Low Pay Scale
Businesses are slow to respond to needs, for instance call a plumber or electrician and early morning is 11 to them
Road conditions

Best things:
4 seasons
Boone
Beach
Green, Green, Green!!

Old 06-29-2007, 05:56 PM

103 posts, read 852,369 times
My only complaint is the humidity. That is it.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:48 PM

7 posts, read 27,870 times
The education sucks. The people are prejudicial -- whites hate blacks and hispanics, indians and orientals, blacks hate whites, hispanics, indians and orientals, etc., etc. The locals hate the Yankees, and everyone is a Yankee who wasn't born here; then you become a Damn Yankee if you decide to stay! Law enforcement and the judicial system are crooked as hell and rely on the "Good Ole Boy" rule. Most of the locals will be nice to your face because "rudeness" is worse than murder; but as soon as you're not present they will stab you in the back. Note that the NC definition of rudeness is probably not what your mama taught you!

Old 06-04-2009, 02:05 PM

1,190 posts, read 3,644,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downup28311 View Post
The education sucks. The people are prejudicial -- whites hate blacks and hispanics, indians and orientals, blacks hate whites, hispanics, indians and orientals, etc., etc. The locals hate the Yankees, and everyone is a Yankee who wasn't born here; then you become a Damn Yankee if you decide to stay! Law enforcement and the judicial system are crooked as hell and rely on the "Good Ole Boy" rule. Most of the locals will be nice to your face because "rudeness" is worse than murder; but as soon as you're not present they will stab you in the back. Note that the NC definition of rudeness is probably not what your mama taught you!
As the great late Lewis Grizzard used to say to complaining yankees"Delta is ready when you are". Please take I-95 back up to yankeeland. We were just find without your complaining self. See ya. You are correct when you say that everyone that was not born in Dixie is a Yankee.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:46 PM

3 posts, read 13,389 times
Don't you feel NC is a little boring ?

Old 06-05-2009, 07:39 AM

3,428 posts, read 9,255,706 times
No, but compared to what?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:23 AM

635 posts, read 2,740,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downup28311 View Post
Downup28311: I normally don't make a point of calling out an individual's posting habits, as one is certainly entitled to their opinion. But as I write this response, you have only posted 7 times, and all have been to actively deride Fayetteville and marginalize those that offer their perspective.

I am not an expert on Fayetteville, and perhaps you have had a particularly bad experience with the area, but my thoughts are that without some more specific, and perhaps constructive, criticism the audience here is likely to become tone-deaf to this repetitive diatribe.

I'm just offering my own opinion, but perhaps if you offered some balanced feedback instead of popping into every "moving to Fayetteville" thread with such venom, that may actually help people get a feel for the city and help them decide if it is what they are looking for. They may agree with you that Fayetteville isn't for them, but if people tune you out, you can't help them.

Just a thought....

Al

Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 AM

6,973 posts, read 12,494,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eripere View Post
I think NC could be boring to some people. I do think that NC is a state that seems much more family oriented than many other populated states. That is a good thing, but for a single person it could be difficult. I think this personality trait of NC could make the area boring for a single person. I think it could make it difficult for the single person, especially the relocated one that has no family in the region. A little out of place with so many family types and activities around them. Otherwise its a nice state.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:22 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,824,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eripere View Post
in a sense, b/c you have to find/make your fun in alot of places. I've heard this complaint alot from other Marines who end up stationed here. I always hit them up w/ "the fun times you had in your life, was it where you were at that made it fun, or who you were with?" then being a local, I show them the fun. Alot of my friends have either decided to stay in NC once they got out the Marines, vacation here, or will tell me how much they miss it if they moved on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina