U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 05:50 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,206,785 times

Advertisements

One of the worst things is the roads. In alot of the state, the roads are an embarrasment. Like it's been said before, a lack of now around here sucks. I can remember when I was a kid growing up through elementary all the way to high school(not that long ago....I'm 26 now), that we used to get a pretty decent amount of snow. It was common to get 2 or 3 6-8" snows and a 12-13" snow. Now, especially in my area, the last 7 or 8 years has sucked....I cant remember the last time we've gotten a 6" snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 06:10 PM

116 posts, read 375,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachi9700 View Post
Please get over this Yankee and Dixie, Hispanic, Black thing! It's old news and we are in the 21st century. People hating people because of the way they look, etc is ridiculous! We all have the same needs and wants, we all eat with our mouths, go to the bathroom the same way and when we die we will all rot the same way. Just because you are "white" and Southern doesn't make you better than anyone else. And weren't the Indians the true natives and everyones else came from somewhere else? Get real and wake up and smell the coffee. Diversity of people and cultures and nationalities is what makes this life exciting and wonderful and not boring!!! It's what keeps this world ALIVE! Before you know it we will all be living in one beautiful melting pot.
What about those of us who don't want to get in the melting pot? I'm very proud of my anglo-saxon heritage and would like to keep it that way, there's nothing wrong with that is there?

Old 08-11-2009, 08:36 PM

1,074 posts, read 2,897,696 times
Giant cockroaches. Other than that, I'm pretty happy.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:37 PM

1,074 posts, read 2,897,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robma44541 View Post
What about those of us who don't want to get in the melting pot? I'm very proud of my anglo-saxon heritage and would like to keep it that way, there's nothing wrong with that is there?
Wow, I change my answer. My new answer, worse than giant cockroaches, is ignorant racists.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:19 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,666,752 times
Quote:
Please get over this Yankee and Dixie, Hispanic, Black thing! It's old news and we are in the 21st century. People hating people because of the way they look, etc is ridiculous! We all have the same needs and wants, we all eat with our mouths, go to the bathroom the same way and when we die we will all rot the same way. Just because you are "white" and Southern doesn't make you better than anyone else. And weren't the Indians the true natives and everyones else came from somewhere else? Get real and wake up and smell the coffee. Diversity of people and cultures and nationalities is what makes this life exciting and wonderful and not boring!!! It's what keeps this world ALIVE! Before you know it we will all be living in one beautiful melting pot.
Actually Native Americans got here from a land bridge via Alaska so I guess no one is a true 'native' if you want to be technical.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:21 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,666,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post
Wow, I change my answer. My new answer, worse than giant cockroaches, is ignorant racists.
I dont think he was making a racist statement. Somone is proud of their heritage so that makes them ignorant and a racist? Do you consider Black History Month racist?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:42 AM

16,300 posts, read 24,953,508 times
Quote:
Before you know it we will all be living in one beautiful melting pot.
Funny that reading your blogs leads me to believe that you don't want to get into the melting pot either. Just saying.............

Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,689,889 times
Quote:
Preach On my brother or sister, Preach On! I'm with you all the way.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:04 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,169,893 times
In my opinion, the worst thing about NC is the fact that a significant portion of people seem to have never stepped foot in a driver's ed class. I live very close to the border, and while I may complain that South Carolinians drive as slow as molasses, I would rather drive near a slowpoke (on a multi-lane road, that is) than to have to deal with tailgaters, people who can't keep their cars in one lane, and people who don't use turn signals. These are things that should be engrained in every driver's head. I used to think it only happened in Gastonia, but I'm finding this to be true in other areas. What gives!?!

Old 08-12-2009, 06:07 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,151,276 times
possibly considering Michael Vick for the Panthers. Yeah....the guy that not only endorsed and contributed to dog fighting, but the swell guy that electrocuted dogs that didn't fight right.

Piece of crap comes to our team, I'll make sure I'm there with other rescuers of dogs to boo and boo and boo.

Good for him "he's sorry" good for him "he's a new guy" yeah ...too bad for the poor tortured dogs he electrocuted. I hope he burns in hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina