U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 05:47 PM

240 posts, read 494,078 times

Advertisements

I strongly agree. People in NC can't drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 08:36 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,672,773 times
Bugs and I-40!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 04:04 PM

467 posts, read 1,039,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Tesla View Post
Agreed.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:52 AM

455 posts, read 986,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdlv79 View Post

*****I will be a new "transplant" there soon and ai don't appreciate you sterotyping us that way, especially since most of us "transplants" will probably end up being your boss.*****
Please read my next post before passing judgement. I want you to get the big picture before you interpret my statement.

Unfortunately, your statement reflects what I have noticed from a small subset of transplants, that some people feel entitled because they are from a bigger town.

BTW, you can't be my boss because I am a contract consultant right now. I have two doctoral degrees, work in global regulatory intelligence, and have lived in other states, so I know better than to pass judgement on groups of people.

If you feel that my statements were out of line or your response was a form of sarcasm, then I truly apologize. Forum content is easily misinterpreted and often taken out of context. Tell you what, since your profile states you are from TX and you have said that you are moving here, I’ll buy you a beer on Franklin St., say Top of the Hill? Please PM me if you are in the triangle.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:45 PM

14,973 posts, read 31,357,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanytedder View Post
Oh, and anyone planning to move here, please let me consult with you on the "driving quirks" of most of the older people around. Forget about signal lights. You are suppose to know where they are going to turn off at. And the bad part about it is that most of the time you do. And my personal favorite is when they are going to make a left turn and they verve off to the left shoulder of the road and ride along it for a good 1000 feet before getting to the place they need to be turning into.
I know this is an old post, but those people are likely moving to the left to let you by, it's called courtesy.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:36 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,953,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Tesla View Post
But since a huge percentage are 'transplants', it ain't NC drivers, it's 'transplanted' drivers that just happen to have NC plates on their car.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 PM

1,728 posts, read 2,196,678 times
Mostly the worst things here are the long hot summers & ferocious mosquitoes.

Some of our politicians are included with the mosquitoes.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,615 times
Default Please dont move there till you see this!!!!

Login | Facebook

DONT MOVE TO NORTH CAROLINA AT ALL!!!!!
THEY HAVE THE HIGHEST ANIMAL ABUSE!!!!

"Chamberlin" "Chamberlin" Had Minor Surgery Today To Close Bed Sores From Pressure Wounds - His Surgery Went Very Well And He Is Recovering From It Well - It Was Discovered He Has Upper Respiratory Infection And An Ear Infection And For More Good News He Is Heart Worm *NEGATIVE* Whi...
By:Guilford County Animal Shelter [OFFICIAL]
Photos:13
See More

Old 09-18-2010, 12:31 PM

15 posts, read 56,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downup28311 View Post
The education sucks.
I went to East Chapel Hill High School, then went up to Vermont for 1 year in High School (junior year). In Vermont, they claimed to have one of the best public school systems in the nation. Maybe it was just me, but I felt far more challenged and learned a lot more at ECHHS. ECHHS seemed far more academically competitive.

I have heard the claim that NC has horrible public education. What is it based on? You can't base it on SATs, where 63% of the 2010 class took it compared to states with the top SATs where only 10% of the graduating class took it. In NC, there is a push for everyone to take it regardless of if they go to college.

While I agree that there is a huge room for improvement, I don't buy the argument that it is the worst in the nation. While all school systems should be equal, this isn't the case either. Look at the Chapel Hill-Carrboro school system compared to others.

My parents actually moved to Chapel Hill, NC from Texas partially because of the strong competitive academic environment in the school district.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,405 times
Hi there, Downup! If you're going to complain about the South, by all means, PLEASE head back up! And you're calling Southerns rude? That's absolutely hilarious. Please take your yankee ass back up North, you clearly don't belong below the Mason-Dixon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina