U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2018, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 631 times

Advertisements

The place is hot and humid, filled with illegals, and poor pay. Don't move here unless you enjoy heat rashes and swamp ass. I wish I could get the heck away from this state. I work outside as a brick Mason. Summer months can be so oppressive. 95 plus degrees, oppressive 70 to 100 percent humidity, and no wind. Very stagnant air quality here. Stay away from areas around Charlotte if you dont like sweating. I have debated suicide every summer. The heat makes me want to blow my face off. Humidity with no breeze out in direct sun with 95 degree temperatures would make any sane person stay away from here. Not to mention the humidity brings out mold, gnats and mosquitoes. It's like living in a sub tropical swamp.

Last edited by Keysofsolomon33; 09-22-2018 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 09:39 AM

555 posts, read 458,028 times
I don't care if it's called the "New South" or whatever. It has all the same problems that southern states have including oppressive 5 month long humid summers. Swampy like areas, heavy crime in inner-cities, segregated communities and too much development at the expense of the environment.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:51 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,440,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrishawke View Post
I don't care if it's called the "New South" or whatever. It has all the same problems that southern states have including oppressive 5 month long humid summers. Swampy like areas, heavy crime in inner-cities, segregated communities and too much development at the expense of the environment.
Cool, hope you enjoy living somewhere else!

Old 10-01-2018, 10:17 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,049,403 times
I know this is an old post, but...

-Heat
-Humidity
-Bugs
-Hurricanes
-Trailers
-Turkey manure odors
-Drugs

Old 10-02-2018, 08:07 AM

25,017 posts, read 23,916,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I know this is an old post, but...

-Heat
-Humidity
-Bugs
-Hurricanes
-Trailers
-Turkey manure odors
-Drugs
You could move to Delaware and have chicken manure odor instead.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:29 AM

645 posts, read 241,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keysofsolomon33 View Post
The place is hot and humid, filled with illegals, and poor pay. Don't move here unless you enjoy heat rashes and swamp ass. I wish I could get the heck away from this state. I work outside as a brick Mason. Summer months can be so oppressive. 95 plus degrees, oppressive 70 to 100 percent humidity, and no wind. Very stagnant air quality here. Stay away from areas around Charlotte if you dont like sweating. I have debated suicide every summer. The heat makes me want to blow my face off. Humidity with no breeze out in direct sun with 95 degree temperatures would make any sane person stay away from here. Not to mention the humidity brings out mold, gnats and mosquitoes. It's like living in a sub tropical swamp.
Created an account to revive a 2.5 year old thread?
If you're not trolling, I'd really hate to see how Florida would make you feel LOL.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:51 PM

2,281 posts, read 2,253,017 times
The small-town mentality that prevails statewide even in the biggest metros.

Try referring to a man's husband or partner or boyfriend in regular conversation in a social setting at notice the flinching from hearing something so unexpected that they aren't used to.

Everyone is too much in other people's business and often get bent out of shape over things that don't affect them.

The population is very dispersed covering every corner of all 100 counties and creates a very different local atmosphere from a state like Georgia where millions of people are clustered around one metro.

Old 10-03-2018, 01:01 PM

3,558 posts, read 6,175,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
The small-town mentality that prevails statewide even in the biggest metros.

Try referring to a man's husband or partner or boyfriend in regular conversation in a social setting at notice the flinching from hearing something so unexpected that they aren't used to.

Everyone is too much in other people's business and often get bent out of shape over things that don't affect them.

The population is very dispersed covering every corner of all 100 counties and creates a very different local atmosphere from a state like Georgia where millions of people are clustered around one metro.

Ignorance is nearly genetic here at this point. Even places like Charlotte where it is considered Democratic (lets be honest its BARELY Democratic and not by true Dem standards) there's still an infiltration of ignorance and homophobia and just stupidity that stands out against anywhere else in the US. Education is bottom of the list (literally) and its more of a value and virtue in the smaller towns to be barefoot and pregnant with your 4th child by 25 than it is to be a woman of education.

I put a dinosaur eating the Jesus fish on my car as a small little magnet cause it was a funny little thing and within 2 days my car was keyed all the way from the front drivers wheel, up my drivers door, across the window and up the roof and the magnet keyed also.. so much for "love thy neighbor".... its god, guns, and Trump or else..

Old 10-04-2018, 07:54 AM

2,185 posts, read 695,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrishawke View Post
heavy crime in inner-cities, segregated communities and too much development at the expense of the environment.
They totally don't have these things up North or on the West Coast...

Old 10-04-2018, 12:11 PM

3,558 posts, read 6,175,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
They totally don't have these things up North or on the West Coast...

its no to the degree you find them here. I NEVER was once asked what church I went to.. never told " people are the religious type here so I better get right with that and find myself a good church" (true story after a man I didn't know approached my 8 year old to join his youth group).. in fact I had a harder time finding religious people than I did secular. The summer is most definitely shorter too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina