U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 04:11 PM

2,257 posts, read 2,247,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
YOU ARE DELUSIONAL and basing everything on YOUR small ass world. There are tons of small towns in NC where people don't have doctorate agrees and many haven't ever been to Raleigh (much less traveled outside of America). It isn't surprising because your responses reinforce a level of nonsense and ignorance that is out of this world.... I don't even know where to start.
Name the town with at least 500-1000 residents that you think doesn't have any residents with doctorate degrees.

My small a*s town is the perfect example because if it has all of the interesting residents & cultural tidbits, then every town and county larger than Louisburg (pop. 3600), and Franklin County (pop. 60,000) certainly has more.

I also had to take piano lessons from kindergarten through high school after I demonstrated at age 5 that I could play by ear.

My piano teacher in Louisburg (1 of 3 giving lessons), was a worldly Agnes Scott alumni from Tennessee.
She made all her students enter piano competitions at state and national level contests and well as learn music history and composers for 10+ years.

My parents would drive me as a young child to Meredith College, Peace College, and UNC Chapel Hill where I
go play several pieces of music in a room and be judged by someone in that area of the arts. I did this 3 TIMES EVERY YEAR throughout K-12 education.

I remember driving even deeper into rural Granville County and picking up another teacher on the way to Chapel Hill. And in the middle of nowhere lived this Southern lady who was a very accomplished pianist and by default exposed to the fine arts and culture.

Even though not very visible to the public, NC is full of all kinds of fine arts andculture like this piano judging world where I was so nervous at Meredith around age 8 or 9 that sat down at the piano to play for the woman judge and just started peeing in my pants like Niagara Falls dripping off the bench. Not a word was spoken by either of us. But I was given an Excellent rating, not Superior.

Culture abounds even in the most rural corners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina