U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 04:19 PM

21,881 posts, read 27,145,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
You've got a big city, the beaches, the mountains, top-rated heathcare and education, beautiful people, Southern hospitality, and everything in between.

Yes, NC is still the place to be.
Did you happen to read where the OP is located?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 07:28 PM

1,356 posts, read 2,289,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Did you happen to read where the OP is located?
Yes.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Yes.
Do you know anything about Philadelphia? It's a larger city than any in NC. closer to the South Jersey shore than the major cities in NC are to the coast. It's no further from the Poconos than Charlotte is from the mountains. You practically gave a description of Philadelphia.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Do you know anything about Philadelphia? It's a larger city than any in NC. closer to the South Jersey shore than the major cities in NC are to the coast. It's no further from the Poconos than Charlotte is from the mountains. You practically gave a description of Philadelphia.
How is that even relevant?

Philadelphia is a city, not a state. Which is what the topic is about.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:

Try rereading your comment & what I said about Philadelphia. If you still don't get it, I'll elaborate.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Try rereading your comment & what I said about Philadelphia. If you still don't get it, I'll elaborate.
The poster, which happens to be from a city who shares such characteristics with North Carolina asking if NC is still a hot-state, and my reasoning to why it is doesn't seem relevant at all.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:13 PM

159 posts, read 201,940 times
Why do I love NC?

Generally warm weather, but there are still seasons. It gets hot, it gets cold, but generally it's pretty comfortable. In July/August there is air conditioning.

A beautiful spring. I love the green, the plants, flowers, etc...

People are friendly here. We welcome folks from anywhere.

I live in the Triangle - it's not too big nor overly dense. There's plenty to do without having too much traffic or having to drive too far.

The nearby area offers plenty of weekend trips. The beach is 3 or so hours, the mountains are 3 or so hours, DC is 4. If I wanted to, I could go to Atlanta in 6. Savannah/Charleston is reasonable to drive in a day too.

Good air transport. I can hop a plane at RDU and be anywhere on the eastern half of the US in a couple of hours.

In the Triangle, our we've got different kinds of towns and cities in a fairly close area. You want country - you can do that. You want a fairly liberal, diverse town - move to Durham. You want a college town - Chapel Hill. You want a more traditional southern city - I think Raleigh might work. You can pick what you want.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:04 AM

10,389 posts, read 19,355,629 times
Quote:

I believe the point was that all of the reasons you gave are not only not unique to NC, they apply to where the OP already is right now--so he could stay where he is for the same (or better) amenities based on your list.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
I believe the point was that all of the reasons you gave are not only not unique to NC, they apply to where the OP already is right now--so he could stay where he is for the same (or better) amenities based on your list.
Bingo! Can't rep you again, yet.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Well apparently he isn't looking to stay where he is now. But I understand what y'all are saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina