Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 08:02 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Exactly. It would be like requiring a doctor be present whenever you take blood pressure medication or any other pill that can have adverse side effects.
Well, it is "unclear whether the bill would require the doctor to be present throughout the procedure."
3 days of Dr. time? I doubt it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 08:13 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Lyndo Tippett
Tony Rand
Meg Scott Phipps
Mike Easley
Eddie Carroll Thomas
"NC Education Lottery"

All helped get us where we are today.
Let's not forget Jim Black and the bathroom stall cash transfers.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Well, it is "unclear whether the bill would require the doctor to be present throughout the procedure."
3 days of Dr. time? I doubt it....
We have one clinic in Charlotte that wasn't administering methotrexate properly, so now we need laws to restrict ALL clinics???

Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 AM

162 posts, read 291,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
The biggest point I can make out if it, is you'll most likely have to pay for it yourself. And I agree with that part 100%. I didn't get you pregnant, and I shouldn't pay for it, through tax dollars, higher insurance premiums.
Let's take this a step further -- if someone smokes should we not pay for their lung cancer treatment? Overweight diabetics? Why should I pay for insulin? You get my point..... And frankly I don't care if you want to pay for it or not - the fact is that this procedure is legal and is protected under the right to privacy granted under the 14th amendment. Maybe I didn't want to pay for a war in Iraq but plenty of my tax dollars went there.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:19 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey919 View Post
Let's take this a step further -- if someone smokes should we not pay for their lung cancer treatment? Overweight diabetics? Why should I pay for insulin? You get my point..... And frankly I don't care if you want to pay for it or not - the fact is that this procedure is legal and is protected under the right to privacy granted under the 14th amendment. Maybe I didn't want to pay for a war in Iraq but plenty of my tax dollars went there.
Thank you. My point.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:21 AM

181 posts, read 387,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
This legislature and governor were elected by a majority vote in the last election, in a state that has voted for a Democratic presidential candidate only once since 1980 (2008). Clearly someone must be supporting what they are doing ....

"The government you elect is the government you deserve." - Thomas Jefferson
I was not referring to the election, people voted and the results were the results. It is the underhanded process in which this was brought forth and pushed through that I find shameful.

If there had been time for both sides to have a fair debate for their position on the issue, then put to vote; then I think most would have less of an issue.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Let's not forget Jim Black and the bathroom stall cash transfers.
LOL
I did not intend my list to include the entire Cast of Characters, but thank you for catching this notable omission!

Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
We have one clinic in Charlotte that wasn't administering methotrexate properly, so now we need laws to restrict ALL clinics???
Oh, we don't need so very many of our laws, it is difficult to know where to start...

My letter to McCrory has a "Liberty" stamp on it.
The Reds and Blues in the NCGA would probably think I mailed it from out of the country, since it is an unrecognizable, indecipherable foreign word.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:27 AM

247 posts, read 452,116 times
Quote:
Well, yeah. "Outrage" is a terribly overused term.

But, my letter to McCrory this morning invokes The 4th of July, and tells him to step up to the plate and take a swing for liberty and small government, that I don't wake up every morning praying to be micro-governed by any of the misfits in the NCGA.
Somewhat unrelated, but do you ever get a response, of any kind, when you send a letter? Typically I receive a general thanks for contacting us type of response, the occasional personal response, but I've yet to receive anything from the governor and wondered if I'm not sending correctly.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:28 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey919 View Post
And frankly I don't care if you want to pay for it or not - the fact is that this procedure is legal and is protected under the right to privacy granted under the 14th amendment. Maybe I didn't want to pay for a war in Iraq but plenty of my tax dollars went there.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina