U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,311,001 times

Advertisements

In a moment of sanity:
NC Bill Passes That Allows Concealed Guns Anywhere Alcohol Sold | digtriad.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,822,146 times
Beat me to it: North Carolina Gun Bill Approved By Lawmakers, Will Expand Where Concealed Handguns Allowed

Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,311,001 times
LOL! I came here and checked before I posted and was surprised I got in first.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:19 PM

10,582 posts, read 4,416,573 times
When it comes to the Legis. in NC Stupid is as stupid does.

Those are places guns do not need to be.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:08 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,478,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

Seriously? Bars and playgrounds are unsafe...we need to be able to protect ourselves in places like this!

Old 07-24-2013, 07:24 AM

3,036 posts, read 7,402,388 times
Any drunk idiot who wants to bring a gun into a bar already does. All this law does is allow law abiding citizens who have a concealed carry permit (and absolutely 0% of alcohol in their system) to carry a concealed weapon into a place that serves alcohol. You'll never know they have it, unless it's truly needed. Do you think someone with a concealed carry permit would risk losing their permit and prosecution if they were found with any alcohol in their system while carrying concealed?

It basically allows people who already are legally allowed to carry concealed in many places, carry concealed into more places. It also stiffens gun penalties. I think this was a win-win and It's not like I'm a huge fan of the General Assembly, but I think this was a common sense law change.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:34 AM

816 posts, read 970,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
When it comes to the Legis. in NC Stupid is as stupid does.

Tennessee, Florida and a host of other states that have similar laws would disagree. A gun does not possess a magical ability to make a person evil nor has expansion of carry areas resulted in an increase in gun related crime. All this bill means is that if a concealed handgun permit holder wants to go to Applebees or Olive Garden they don't have to disarm. They still can't drink while carrying.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:52 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,478,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
All this bill means is that if a concealed handgun permit holder wants to go to Applebees or Olive Garden they don't have to disarm.
Unless the restaurant itself disallows it (and if they were to do that, I am sure some people would complain about that).

Heaven forbid that someone has to "disarm" before going to eat at some crappy chain restaurant. I swear...some people treat their firearm the same way that Linus treats his blanket.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:20 AM

816 posts, read 970,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Heaven forbid that someone has to "disarm" before going to eat at some crappy chain restaurant. I swear...some people treat their firearm the same way that Linus treats his blanket.
Heaven forbid someone be allowed to exercise a right granted by the Constitution, or the ability to defend themselves or their families. I have yet to meet any firearms owner that treats his firearm in the way you describe. NC CHP holders are around you every day without incident, this will not change with the passage of this bill.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:52 AM

34,603 posts, read 28,981,011 times
Not everyone in jail for murder or assault is a career criminal.

"Law abiding citizens" lose their tempers, get drunk even when they should not be drinking while carrying a weapon, etc.

Ya'll are naive if you think otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina