U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-15-2006, 10:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,565 times

Advertisements

Just curious, what are the negatives? I am now living in Maryland and will soon be moving to Newport, NC. I can not wait to move out of the big city and the north. The only negative that I can see is smoking is allowed in resturants. I hope that changes some day. Other than that, NC is the greatest state ever.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:58 AM

1,574 posts, read 3,229,140 times
I guess it's time to change my username....AGAIN.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:30 AM

293 posts, read 630,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMom View Post
I guess it's time to change my username....AGAIN.
You can't catch a break, can you? You can change it to "THEORIGINALMCMOM"

Old 11-16-2006, 09:03 AM

1,574 posts, read 3,229,140 times
How funny, that's exactly what I was going to do. But mhogan once suggested Ms.Charlotte-which I like.

Maybe "Pleasedon'ttakemyusername..inNC" Too long??

Old 11-16-2006, 11:31 AM

1,797 posts, read 3,868,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
By the same token, then so should you. It never ceases to amaze me that some of North Carolina's greatest defenders don't even live in the state yet.

Check 123 at least has an offsetting viewpoint --- as opposed to one of blind loyalty --- and he rates a 6 on my scale for amusement value.

Regards,

Cassie
Cassie,
I can't believe I'm stooping to your level by responding to your comment, but what leads you to believe that I've never spent any length of time in North Carolina? I have family that has lived in the state for over 40 years. I'm not as uninformed as you might think. Also, I don't believe there's anything wrong with defending a state you're truly fond of. It has nothing to do with blind loyalty.
Secondly, if you're going to post a negative rep, at least have the backbone to sign your name to it.
NO Regards,
stmaarten

Old 11-16-2006, 11:44 AM

463 posts, read 1,137,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Secondly, if you're going to post a negative rep, at least have the backbone to sign your name to it.

NO Regards,
stmaarten

I didn't give you negative rep for your post. You can check with the City-Data moderators Yac or Markablue to confirm that. It wasn't me.

Regards,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 11-16-2006 at 11:54 AM..

Old 11-16-2006, 12:25 PM

463 posts, read 1,137,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
How funny, that's exactly what I was going to do. But mhogan once suggested Ms.Charlotte-which I like.
I like it too! Sorry you had to change your member name but Ms.Charlotte has a nice ring to it.

Regards,

Cassie

Old 11-16-2006, 12:30 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,298 posts, read 10,982,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Check123 View Post
It is possible to have a well/good paying job and post on this message board. The two are not mutually exclusive.
hahahaha.
If I read this correctly, I think the "well/good" was a grammatical correction. Not that you can't have a good job that pays well but a good paying job...?????

Old 11-16-2006, 02:22 PM

341 posts, read 928,369 times
I suggest that all you fine folks that are contemplating a move
to the South, check out the Massachusetts Forum; the Compare
Massachusetts to Georgia thread, for an eye opener with regard to Southern acceptance of Northerners. All the best.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:34 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,562,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc mom View Post
Just curious, what are the negatives? I am now living in Maryland and will soon be moving to Newport, NC. I can not wait to move out of the big city and the north. The only negative that I can see is smoking is allowed in resturants. I hope that changes some day. Other than that, NC is the greatest state ever.
This is probably for another thread, but you touch on something here. You can smoke in most bars and restraunts. The restraunts that do allow smoking are separated into smoking/nonsmoking sections. There are places though that prohibit smoking completely. I dont smoke, but if it bothers me Ill go somewhere that doesnt allow smoking. I dont think thats too much to ask of anyone. Very simple. We dont need anymore laws telling business owners how they should run their business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina