U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-03-2006, 08:56 PM

32 posts, read 210,543 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am in my early thirties with a middle schooler interested in North Carolina. Everyone has been so helpful in giving info. here goes. I am from Chicago and currently live in WI. I dislike it here and have decided to move back home to Chicago because my family and friends are there. My son needs his grandparents and I miss my sisters. I know pull out the violins. My heart is not in it, though. I visited Raleigh/Greensboro NC last year by myself for a convention it was pleasant. Anyway, moving back to Chi. means a faster pace and the need for more money. So anyway, my questions are:

What is the outlook and salary for a Pharmacy Technician?
Which are better, average is ok, I work with my son a lot?
Will I meet nice people and make friends seeing as everyone is from Northeast and not Midwest?
How is the single scene for an African American woman w/child looking for husband nothing casual?
Last but not least, AM I Crazy for leaving Everyone for comfort, what if the grass isn't greener in NC.

Please excuse my frantic short antics I really would appreciate feedback on NC. I've done a little homework, Charlotte climate seems to suit me better- less humidity and heat than Raleigh. Correct me, if I am wrong. Thank you in advance for all your feedbacks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2006, 09:27 AM

1,574 posts, read 3,256,700 times
Disappointed,
Sorry to say I don't have advice. I'll be a new resident of the Charlotte area in a few months. Just wanted to say I feel for you. It's a brave move to leave family. I am married with 3 children and the most difficult part has been the thought of leaving lifelong friends, and my parents. My children have an incredible bond with them. But ultimately, I have to do what's best for my immediate family and I hope you do the same.

As far as meeting people, there are some great Mom Forums for NC you should look into. There are all sorts of wonderful people (lots of single Moms, too!) full of great advice and moms nights out, etc. Good Luck!!

Old 04-07-2006, 05:09 PM

2,289 posts, read 3,739,426 times
Hey disappointed
You won't be alone. My family and I are seriously considering leaving Colorado for NC. The irony is, all of our family is back in California. So we're accustomed to living "on our own". We also had to be sure that where ever we went would be a positive experience--I'm African American, but my wife's not--for all of us. But I'm convinced that NC won't be much different than Illinois in terms of places that are great and places that, well, one just shouldn't go. Heck, there are still places in California that I'd never go after sundown.

North Carolina seems to have enough diversity of people and places to please most people. And I'm with you; Charlotte seems to suit us better too. I think it might just be slightly more kid and family-friendly than Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, while still offering things to do and places to see for adults.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:59 AM

32 posts, read 210,543 times
Thank you for your responses. I really would like feedback from residents on the job market for a pharmacy technician along with my other questions. I have not even two months.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:21 AM

527 posts, read 1,229,568 times
Salary dot com will give you a good idea of the pay range in the specific area that you are looking to move to. Click on the free report once you find your position in the list. Good luck with your move..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina