U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-27-2014, 06:13 PM
 
36,832 posts, read 16,072,760 times
Reputation: 8362

Advertisements

Mother Jones. Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-27-2014, 07:28 PM
 
414 posts, read 580,343 times
Reputation: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Mother Jones. Really?
What's your point if they are covering the story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 05:44 AM
 
36,832 posts, read 16,072,760 times
Reputation: 8362
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
What's your point if they are covering the story?
Because they have ZERO credibility. They are VERY left wing and EVERYTHING they write has a VERY strong left bias to it.

The fact that you don't know this doesn't give you much credibility either.

Like they say, "consider the source".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 05:56 AM
 
Location: Hampstead NC
5,578 posts, read 5,088,838 times
Reputation: 14059
Here is the link to the bill: Interpret it for yourself.

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2013/B...PDF/S786v2.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 05:57 AM
 
414 posts, read 580,343 times
Reputation: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Because they have ZERO credibility. They are VERY left wing and EVERYTHING they write has a VERY strong left bias to it.

The fact that you don't know this doesn't give you much credibility either.

Like they say, "consider the source".
Are you saying that they are lying? I know that fox viewers very rarely come into contact with facts and believe that the concept means "liberal" but facts really are non-partisan.

NC fracking panel passes chemical disclosure rule - Newsobserver
Read more here: RALEIGH: NC fracking panel passes chemical disclosure rule | Economy | NewsObserver.com

North Carolina Senate outlaws disclosure of fracking fluid secrets - reuters
North Carolina Senate outlaws disclosure of fracking fluid secrets | Reuters

North Carolina Bill Would Make Revealing Fracking Secrets a Felony - Newsweek
http://www.newsweek.com/north-caroli...-felony-251537

There are more..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 06:05 AM
 
2,647 posts, read 6,081,893 times
Reputation: 3408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Because they have ZERO credibility. They are VERY left wing and EVERYTHING they write has a VERY strong left bias to it.

The fact that you don't know this doesn't give you much credibility either.

Like they say, "consider the source".


Oh, and here's one even from a Fox network affiliate, as I'm guessing you may find them "credible" (I'm laughing as I write this):

NC Senate OKs fracking bill; it could start as early as summer of 2015 | MyFOX8.com - News, Weather, Sports and more from WGHP Fox 8 Television



Need more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 06:56 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,856,777 times
Reputation: 11886
Let me get this straight.

Not knowing what kind of chemicals is being pumped in the ground during fracking is good for the people

Forcing former freeloaders or those with poor coverage to buy health ins is bad for the people.

In the Sand hills we have a serious water shortage problem and that's just where they want to do the fracking.

Do any of those approving of fracking even live in or near the Sand Hills?

Owning property but living elsewhere does not count.


Do we vote for politicians so they can improve their standard of living or do we vote for politicians so that we can maintain our quality of life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 11:50 AM
 
414 posts, read 580,343 times
Reputation: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Do we vote for politicians so they can improve their standard of living or do we vote for politicians so that we can maintain our quality of life?
It's supposed to be the latter but the collective "we" vote against our own best interests. So it ends up more frequently being the latter. I think we should force the legislators who vote for this, to live on adjoining land to any fracking site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Durm
5,875 posts, read 8,836,161 times
Reputation: 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
What will fracking do to the real-estate market here in NC? Shouldn't we take our time and think this over? My friend up in West Virginia said his land became worthless (literally) when they started fracking near it and the water in his well started to smell funny.
I will sell my house and leave the state over it - not hyperbole. Just hope it sells before my property value plummets to nothing. Durham is on a shale basin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 05:06 PM
 
6,384 posts, read 3,347,901 times
Reputation: 6584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
Here's a link to email representatives:

home — NC Conservation Network
According to this link, it passed yesterday even though Twelve Repubs joined forty Dems against it.
Showtime has been having a documentary series called "Years of Living Dangerously" and one of the frightening things that's been just recently researched about fracking is that it releases huge amounts of methane into the air making it even worse than coal.

But on the positive side, according to this map, NC doesn't look like it has much shale gas lands.
http://maps.fractracker.org/latest/?...1c238319f03eeb

Last edited by mountainrose; 05-28-2014 at 05:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top