Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,819 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are being relocated to the NC area this summer and have some unusual needs. Am hoping to get some great ideas from the forum as I have never been in NC, although I lived most of my life in the south. My husband needs to be liess than an hour away from a major airport as he travels every week. We are raising two gransons, 11 and 16 who will need middle and high school however since we are also closing in on retirement we hope to find an area that is amenable to both the boys and to our retirement living. Our thought is to rent while we have our home in Colorado on the market and possibly for at least a year while we get to know the area. The goal would be to rent in the same school district where we will ultimately buy in order not to move the boys around again. We also have a very nice but very big lab who is part of our family so it may require some addtional deposits, which is fine. We are considering the Charlotte/Mooresville/Mt Holly area as well as Raleigh/Durham area. I know it's a tall order but would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks to all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 07:29 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,231,304 times
Where does your husband travel for work? Raleigh/durham fits your requirements, but travel from that airport may involve connections depending on the destination.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:09 AM

3,071 posts, read 4,817,963 times
Yeah...Charlotte has many more direct flights than RDU.

Would check out the I-77 North corridor (Lake Norman area)...its an easy drive to the airport via the I-485 loop. If you can afford something on the Lake, your teenagers would love it.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,819 times
Default Moving to NC in 2014

Thanks for your responses. It confirms what I thought about the Lake Norman area. That is certainly our goal, to be on water, however it will depend upon what we find. Sounds like Charlotte might have better flights.
Thanks!
Mimi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina