U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2013, 05:08 PM
 
5,361 posts, read 6,490,971 times
Reputation: 10353

Advertisements

Yes, I like Krauthammer even though I often don't agree I like to hear his take on things. Anyone who has overcome/faces health issues that he has and use his intellect to keep going gets an A+ in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2013, 05:30 PM
 
3,099 posts, read 4,122,548 times
Reputation: 2544
Krauthhammer and I agree about one thing: the name of the Washington Football Team is racially insensitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
84 posts, read 117,007 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
...it is, after all, on Comedy Central...

The interview at the end of that show (IIRC) had Charles Krauthammer, a quote from his bio



Unbelievably, even though it's a show for "libs", they do a pretty good job of talking about the republican agenda in a sensible debate. More so, than, say other "unbiased fair, & balanced" networks...
Very spot on. I really love the Daily Show not just for the fact that it is hilarious but also that it will "Reach over" and not only call out stupidity from liberals/democrats (which yes, the show definitely favors the left) but also be fair to conservatives. I really love Stewards cirtiques of Faux News but it is very noble to have people from than network on his show and not shout them down like the Fox pundits do to people who don't agree with them on their shows.

I live in Chapel Hill and it is so text-book liberal that it can give me a headache at times. But then I read the comments section of an online news article or hear some of the jaw-dropping comments from far-right politicians/pundits like this one in question and I think "you know, overzealous emphasis on recycling and roads that are overly pedestrian friendly and driver-unfriendly might not be the worst thing ever after all"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 06:30 PM
 
5,150 posts, read 6,638,593 times
Reputation: 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by prwfromnc View Post
And you wonder why African-Americans and other minorities refuse to vote for the GOP, they show their true colors all the time!
And that's why the GOP broke away from the Union back in the 1860s. To show their colors and keep the blacks down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 09:21 PM
 
Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,997 posts, read 5,703,343 times
Reputation: 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Basically its your speculation or assume speculation conspiracy but no legitimate proof that it is occurring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,470,348 times
Reputation: 14917
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Glad you agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Union County
5,783 posts, read 8,410,081 times
Reputation: 4818
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Why do you seem to focus only what he said about blacks as he also said whites but no outcry about that

What companies are steering clear of NC that you claim.?
He said "whites" and "lazy blacks"... if he called whites lazy too your argument holds water. Watch the interview, it's classic. I'm surprised you'd defend this guy as I'm sure he's just as prejudiced beyond only race - if you get my meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
"You know we can hear you, right?"--- Aasif Mandvi to Don Yelton
I nearly wet myself at that part. Stewart's "correspondents" and their wide eyed, obtuse, over the top interviewing style is too much for the weak minded to handle. Comedy gold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 10:29 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,470,348 times
Reputation: 14917
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
He said "whites" and "lazy blacks"... if he called whites lazy too your argument holds water. Watch the interview, it's classic. I'm surprised you'd defend this guy as I'm sure he's just as prejudiced beyond only race - if you get my meaning.

I nearly wet myself at that part. Stewart's "correspondents" and their wide eyed, obtuse, over the top interviewing style is too much for the weak minded to handle. Comedy gold.
LOL Nooooo way defending, just stating about cherry picking the very non serious interview.
Stewart producers did a good job of placing different parts of that interview so the viewer believes everything happened occurred.

There is no reason to take what he said out of context if he was just keeping real, regardless if it offensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 10:36 PM
 
Location: Union County
5,783 posts, read 8,410,081 times
Reputation: 4818
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
LOL Nooooo way defending, just stating about cherry picking the very non serious interview.
Stewart producers did a good job of placing different parts of that interview so the viewer believes everything happened occurred.

There is no reason to take what he said out of context if he was just keeping real, regardless if it offensive.
No argument it was edited - I mean it is for entertainment at the end of the day. But, the real answer is in whether he has his job anymore. Regardless of the context, he's obviously talking about things the GOP pretends are not what's driving their "agenda".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,470,348 times
Reputation: 14917
Beauty of it exposed the truth, I didnt think DOJ had any weight but Yelton handed it to them on a platter.
No wonder why he was asked to stepped down. I hope his racist bigoted self gets a guest spot on that show in future his frankness was a hoot. I gotta give the guy props for being honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top