U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 05:20 PM

7,180 posts, read 11,195,308 times

Advertisements

Information gathered from various sources presents a list of states with the worst drivers.

Care to guess where NC ranks? The title of the link is a giveaway!

Read the link below or the spoiler field...

Ten States With the Worst Drivers

Spoiler
7th worst in the country!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 09:07 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,890,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Information gathered from various sources presents a list of states with the worst drivers.

Spoiler
And most of the drivers learned to drive and developed their driving habits in what state before they moved to NC?

Old 12-17-2013, 09:36 AM
PDD

8,776 posts, read 14,805,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And most of the drivers learned to drive and developed their driving habits in what state before they moved to NC?
So true. You know when you see a NC driver with his turn signal on he is a transplant.

The other way I heard that was from a native of NC. If you see a NC driver with his turn signal on it's because it was on when he bought the car.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:25 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,797,703 times
Between the miltary, retiree, and transplants, I think the NC's rating is a result of having so many different drivers from different places with different driving styles, plus looking at other criteria, everyone knows NC is quick to give you a ticket fro anything for 9 miles an hour, even on the interstate. Especially on the interstate. What's the old Trooper saying "9 you're fine, 10 you're mine"

Old 12-17-2013, 03:53 PM

6,270 posts, read 9,992,152 times
South Carolina at number 2 is no surprise. I'll just leave it at that...

Old 12-17-2013, 11:43 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,890,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
So true. You know when you see a NC driver with his turn signal on he is a transplant.

The other way I heard that was from a native of NC. If you see a NC driver with his turn signal on it's because it was on when he bought the car.
or it has been on since they left Florida

Old 12-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Status: "Charlotte Checkers Calder Cup Champions!" (set 8 days ago)

7,195 posts, read 8,209,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
South Carolina at number 2 is no surprise. I'll just leave it at that...
I think that one speaks for itself

I don't know what it is about the Palmetto state but it's a magnet for driving stupidity.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:56 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,866,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post

Ten States With the Worst Drivers

Spoiler
We're #8.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:10 AM

989 posts, read 1,645,612 times
As a Massachusetts transplant I call BS on these rankings. While being skilled in driving in bad weather, they are the worst drivers, much more aggressive than NC drivers. NC may have more fatalities but thatís just a function of rural roads where we have 55 mph speed limits. It is rare to find a non-divided highway in MA that is 55. I never heard of a over correction accident befor moving to NC....You know, driver hits culvert and tries to get out and ends up in a head on crash.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:32 AM
PDD

8,776 posts, read 14,805,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich6896 View Post
I never heard of a over correction accident befor moving to NC....You know, driver hits culvert and tries to get out and ends up in a head on crash.
Sadly because most drivers have never been to a Performance driving school where one of the first things you learn is if you get two wheels off, you ride it out until you slow down and get back in control.

IMO most car crashes are somebody's fault because of lack of training and not paying attention.
Seems like many people are more interested in 24/7 contact with friends and driving is just something you do in between texting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina