Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2006, 06:46 PM

8 posts, read 20,200 times

Advertisements

Does anything know about 3rd and 4th street in Greenville? Are they in a good area? How about Fairfax Ave? According to stats on the internet Greenville has a high crime rate. Is this true? Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2006, 07:15 PM

192 posts, read 654,664 times
3rd & 4th are right behind ECU's campus & there are lots & lots of college students.

1st & 2nd used to be a bit run down in places. 5th street is the main drag behind the actual campus (some sorority/frat houses). This whole area is directly adjacent to downtown ("THE" bar scene). Lots of walking to/from downtown for all college students that live on 1st-5th streets, every night of the week. Lots of keggers in the area. There are some spots with young families on/near those streets, but it's been years since I lived there & couldn't tell you exactly where they are anymore. It's mostly older bungalows & older established small homes...some apts...very old, established area. The closer to 5th, the more students parking on the street to attend classes during the day.

Crime rate was pretty tame when I was there--lived there for 10 years, but it's been 8 since I've moved. Please bear that in mind with all the info I've offered.

Old 04-23-2006, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the info, we are trying to look for a good area for family.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:15 AM

787 posts, read 3,582,709 times
Maybe you might look into Allen Rd. This joins Dickinson Ave and Stanstonsburg Rd were the hospital is located. There is a development there but I have no idea what the housing cost are. But the area looks pretty good. Whenever I go to the doctor, I go that was. But there is a railroad crossing there too. I don't know how important that is or how loud it is either as far as living in the area as I am 18 miles away in Greene County.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:53 PM

Thanks! I try to see if they have any houses in that area.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:40 AM

Allen Rd was beginning to develop when I moved. It may have changed in all this time, but it is worth mentioning that...although it may be a nice area, it will border Greenville's bad side of town. There are neighborhoods that were so bad over there that the police put their own substations in them. Going out at night, on that side of town, is highly unadvisable. So, if Allen is nice, you may still share a grocery, etc with areas you may wish to really avoid. By this time, perhaps they would have their own neighborhood stores though.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the info. Do you know anything about Fairfax or 3rd or 4th streets?

Old 04-25-2006, 03:28 PM

pretty much all I could give you are the generalities about that area in my very first post, at the top of the thread...it's been awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: