Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 03:32 PM

24 posts, read 81,558 times

Advertisements

I am a special education teacher of children with autism in New York. My aunt recently moved to Staley, NC, and she was telling me the following:

they pay for the masters degree for teachers that have been teaching for 2 years or more I dont
know what school districts they did not say, I dont know who you can ask
if you do move here wait till then, they have been reporting about expanding there austistic classes in an
elementary school in Guilford county, greensboro is in guilford county.

As a teacher of children with autism, I am concerned about finding a job in NC that is in a school that serves children with autism, such as the school I am working in now. I was wondering if there are schools that specialize in
ABA, or if schools in districts have classes that specialize in ABA.

My other question is regarding districts that pay teachers to get their Master's. I wanted to make sure that that is the case, and if you have to teach in a school there for two years, or have two years of teaching experience which I should have by the time I move. Are you a teacher that is going for your Master's now with the financial help of your school district?

I would appreciate any response about the two things I've posted, especially regarding tuition payments from schools to go for your Master's.

Thanks so much for your time and reply.

Sincerely,
Shaun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 AM

43 posts, read 125,114 times
Greetings oneinonehundredfifty,

I came across your post and found it most interesting. I am a special education teacher in Florida. I teach 6-8th grade students with varying exceptionalities in a self contained setting, and I am graduating on the 18th with my masters degree. I am planning to relocate to NC when the school term is over, however, there are so many questions, and it is really difficult to get to the correct people to address those questions. If you would like I could ask about the masters program when I call, nothing beats a failure but a try right?

Old 12-10-2007, 02:51 PM

24 posts, read 81,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlovefla View Post
Greetings oneinonehundredfifty,

I came across your post and found it most interesting. I am a special education teacher in Florida. I teach 6-8th grade students with varying exceptionalities in a self contained setting, and I am graduating on the 18th with my masters degree. I am planning to relocate to NC when the school term is over, however, there are so many questions, and it is really difficult to get to the correct people to address those questions. If you would like I could ask about the masters program when I call, nothing beats a failure but a try right?
Thanks for your post, check your email!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:06 AM

16 posts, read 62,369 times
Red face special education jobs

You guys are probably referring to Orange County in NC, near Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill. Super place to teach and they do pay for your master's. Lots of great EC teachers and programs here for Autistic kids. You could also contact schools in Mebane, NC. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina