Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,264 times

Advertisements

I bought a condo at the 3rd floor with hardwood floor last October. when i moved in, the neighbor below complain noise and let me cover the dining room and living room with the carpet and pad. i did. but they still complain and hire a lawyer write letter to HOA and me censure why HOA let me set hardwood floor which is against the rules of the condo. but the hardwood floor was set by the previous owner with the permit of HOA before they make a new rule to prohibit hardwood floor in 2nd and 3rd floor. i try to know, can HOA request me to remove the existing hardwood floor? if they request, why they didn't request the previous owner to remove? and who will pay for that? thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 03:31 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,298,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsor View Post
I bought a condo at the 3rd floor with hardwood floor last October. when i moved in, the neighbor below complain noise and let me cover the dining room and living room with the carpet and pad. i did. but they still complain and hire a lawyer write letter to HOA and me censure why HOA let me set hardwood floor which is against the rules of the condo. but the hardwood floor was set by the previous owner with the permit of HOA before they make a new rule to prohibit hardwood floor in 2nd and 3rd floor. i try to know, can HOA request me to remove the existing hardwood floor? if they request, why they didn't request the previous owner to remove? and who will pay for that? thanks.
You are now just discovering the reason the previous owner departed..

Old 02-26-2014, 07:20 AM

613 posts, read 744,570 times
Wear slippers. It's only noisy with high heeled shoes or hard soled shoes.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:32 AM

19,399 posts, read 27,703,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
Wear slippers. It's only noisy with high heeled shoes or hard soled shoes.
And I hope you have something in writing from the HOA giving the prior owner permission for that hardwood floor. . .

Old 02-26-2014, 11:07 AM

19,709 posts, read 10,054,697 times
I don't think they can retroactively change the rule. But how much will an attorney cost? And are you sure the previous owner had permission in writing to install the wood?

Old 02-26-2014, 01:10 PM

16,757 posts, read 8,177,783 times
Your covenents rule. Check them and make sure that wood floors are not allowed. If not take your shoes off at the door and wear slippers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina