U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 AM

213 posts, read 822,578 times
I'd Say Johnston county, redneck, racial, Little growth. I also agree Greensboro is pretty bad. Burlington and Caswell Cnty not too bad. Have visited Ashville Maggie Valley, and I would perfer there over most. Although, I like the Ocean towns too. I'd say if your into real estate Ashville would be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 PM

882 posts, read 1,318,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchick30 View Post
I'd Say Johnston county, redneck, racial, Little growth. I also agree Greensboro is pretty bad. Burlington and Caswell Cnty not too bad. Have visited Ashville Maggie Valley, and I would perfer there over most. Although, I like the Ocean towns too. I'd say if your into real estate Ashville would be good.
Johnston county is one of the fastest up and coming counties in the state. South Johnson county hasn't experienced the prosperity of north. However Johnston County is far from being the worst in the state.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:15 PM

882 posts, read 1,318,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLady View Post
Durham (the "crack" capital of the state) and
Fayette-nam
Durham is not the crack capital. Your comment reeks of sensational media. It's one of the richest and most educated cities in the state. This thread is about worst towns, not the cities you dislike.

Last edited by metro.m; 10-16-2007 at 02:20 PM..

Old 11-05-2007, 01:46 PM

15 posts, read 48,364 times
QUOTE by leavingnc:

We were forced to move here by the military. We have lived here for 9 years and we are finally leaving this awful state! If it had been our choice, we would have left 9 years ago. But the military saw fit for us to be here.

The people - well you can forget about that whole "southern hospitality" thing. The people here are disrespectful, rude, selfish, uneducated... I could go on.

I very much agree with you. I am a New York transplant and I find the people here very rude and the "Southern Hospitality" does not exist here. I also find it amusing that the woman in Fayetteville are extremely rude and that they are all trying to compete with eachother as to who can be the biggest skank. They all want the same thing. To get "knocked-up" by a soldier. I am a miltary wife here and going on Fort Bragg can be very miserable. From the ignorant people at the medical clinic to the ones working at the Px. I am very disgusted by this place. Raleigh I thought was nice and there were many things to do there, but here no way.
I have 2 children who, thank God, are not ready for the schools here. I will not place my children in the schools in Fayetteville. I am a teacher who works in the school system and I still would not enroll my children here.

I cannot wait to leave this place and never come back. But I would like to add that Fayetteville may be bad, but Pembroke is the WORST city I have ever been too. The people there are rude and ignornat and I swear that most are inbred.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 AM

2,078 posts, read 4,313,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchick30 View Post
Johnston county has grown 25% between 2000 & 2006. While I agree somewhat on being more racist (work with 3 guys from Johnston Co. that are VERY racist), I wouldn't say the whole county is that way, since they have tons of new transplants there. Johnston County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

My wife is half Puerto Rican and while we were in Maggie Valley every store we went into they would look at her and some of the ladies that worked there even followed her around the store (as if she was going to steal something). I loved the town, but considering Heywood County (Maggie Valley) is about 97% white I would not think it's a very diverse place and my wife (she has a masters degree and does very well for herself) felt very uncomfortable there.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:10 AM

57 posts, read 275,489 times
Here is my list off the top of my head:

Fayetteville
Rocky Mount
Goldsboro
Kinston
Lumberton

Old 11-11-2007, 11:44 AM

5 posts, read 11,427 times
Add Greenville, NC to list.........................

Old 11-12-2007, 12:13 PM

57 posts, read 275,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsoncg View Post
Add Greenville, NC to list.........................
I cant get over just how FLAT Greenville is. Not one hill in the whole town.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 PM

312 posts, read 1,188,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
Johnston county is one of the fastest up and coming counties in the state. South Johnson county hasn't experienced the prosperity of north. However Johnston County is far from being the worst in the state.
I had to agree. I have been living in Clayton for a year and I don't have any problem. I noticed here in our county, they're catching up very slowly. We got new two school built this year. More houses now, and beginning this January, they're going to build more shopping center. My school-age child loves his school and new friends.

The only con I'm having with my town is the distance between Clayton to hospital. But that will change soon. They're building a new hospital sometime in the beginning of the new year.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:33 PM

532 posts, read 1,122,113 times
In some ways I can understand hostility toward "transplants",but in many areas of the country, mines and steel mills,auto industries etc. have closed and people must move to find work and better lives. I will probably be one of the transplants soon,and no, I am not from a big city at all.
North Carolina does(at least as I understand parts of it) have more jobs than say ,West Virginia or Southwest Pa, and Ohio, so why resent those who need to move to earn a living as long as they don't want to change you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina