Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 05:05 AM

57 posts, read 425,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
So the gangbangers in NC get upset because you don't talk with a southern accent? I don't know where you lived here, but my experience in Raleigh is nothing like you discribe what so ever. What part of the state did you live in and in what other areas of the South did you live in?

He's right though. The south is still bitter about the Civil War because they lost. Thats not just a generalization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 02:33 PM

4,537 posts, read 6,344,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker the yankee View Post
I was going to post how much I hated Raeford and North Carolina in general but, leavingnc- your post sums it up perfectly. I have lived in other parts of the south and in other parts of the United States. NC has got to be the worst place I have ever lived in my entire life. They're all still fighting the civil war. The natives hear someone speak without a southern accent and they automatically treat them like crap. I suppose I should "go back to where I came from." A comment that can only be made by those not intelligent enough to realize that this is the kind of attitude which drives the negative stereotypes of the south. I'm seen as a white person from the north- not an American. So, if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to where I came from so I can actually breathe the air in the summer and not worry about being jumped by gang bangers on my way out to the mailbox.
Absolutely ridiculous. Perhaps you experienced in a small limited environment, but as someone who lived in NC for about 26 years, I can tell you that what you report is not indicative of the state. Perhaps, you gave off a combative vibe, or perhaps you live in a particularly combative area. I have never witnessed anything like you described. Ridiculous.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,187,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire120 View Post
He's right though. The south is still bitter about the Civil War because they lost. Thats not just a generalization.
You're right. Every single person in NC/the South is still bitter about the Civil War.

Also all Mexicans are lazy, all blacks are welfare-grubbing thugs, all Native Americans are drunks, all French people smell, and there isn't a single white guy on the planet who can dance.

I get the impression some of you don't even know what a generalization is.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:22 AM

3,287 posts, read 8,523,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill545 View Post
You're right. Every single person in NC/the South is still bitter about the Civil War.

Also all Mexicans are lazy, all blacks are welfare-grubbing thugs, all Native Americans are drunks, all French people smell, and there isn't a single white guy on the planet who can dance.

Agreed, you forgot to add all the small town conservatives who cling to their guns and religion...

Old 09-11-2008, 01:25 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,187,012 times
lol - my bad. Course we all know that's just another whitey failing, but we digress.

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled good/bad town talk.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:12 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,667,905 times
Quote:
...<snip>...

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled good/bad town talk.
Whew, was having withdrawals.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:23 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,023,374 times
This entire question is so subjective. What one person likes will be what another despises. The answer to this question is going to be extremely personal in all instances. For me, it's simple. I just have to find the most remote, uninteresting, small minded polluted town. While I can't think of any specific places in NC, I'd imagine it would be in Eastern NC near a smelly hog farm.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:51 AM

Fayetteville, Rocky Mount, and Durham have to be the top 3.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:52 AM

Quote:

There are a LOT of people in the south that feel that way.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:14 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,261,054 times
[b][quote]Quote:Beffrey2
the people who live there seem to not care

I also don't want to argue. Just being honest about what most people think about those particular eastern NC towns.
Quote:
I say durham though....to much dark blue.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
For each one of the towns he mentioned.....

Crime, crime, crime

racial imbalance....just being honest.

Quote:yhwhshalomjr
Just curious;
What race is dark blue?
God Bless you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina