Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 10:24 AM

77 posts, read 165,458 times

Advertisements

To a nc native and now in va i think there are not really any bad CITIES in nc. Raleigh durham chapel hill cary wilmington charlotte greensboro winston salem high point fayetteville and wilmington are all very safe even though there are bad areas like in any city they are way safer than cities in most states. Fayetteville is not dangerous or durham. On that note north carolinas small towns and larger towns(rocky mount greenville jacksonville) not cities at all sorry they are horrible compared to virginia. Rocky mount new bern forest city gastonia shelby dunn micro eastern shore ahoskie gates county nashville kinston are way more dangerous than the cities in nc. Maybe due to the fact there is nothing to do in these places but commit crimes but in my time in nc i have realized this to be true. In virginia its completely opposite as is maryland new york new jersey pennsylvania indiana illinois georgia most states ive seen are the exact opposite south carolina is equal all over to me is pretty dangerous but in nc case any city is going to be safer than the small towns 9 times out of 10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 11:36 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,491 times
gun store, gun store, tattoo parlor, liquor store, gun store, tattoo parlor = fayetteville

Old 10-11-2013, 10:46 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,309,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
gun store, gun store, tattoo parlor, liquor store, gun store, tattoo parlor = fayetteville
Insert "strip club' in there somewhere I would have been in heaven at age 18!

Old 10-11-2013, 10:50 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,309,895 times
For me, I think most of the small towns and small cities, in the East and Piedmont are undesirable. Many of the cities such as Rocky Mount, Wilson, Tarboro, Kinston, Grifton are losing population to places like Greenville where there are more job opportunities.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:45 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc919va757sc803 View Post
its completely opposite as is maryland new york new jersey pennsylvania indiana illinois georgia most states ive seen are the exact opposite south carolina is equal all over to me is pretty dangerous but in nc case any city is going to be safer than the small towns 9 times out of 10
You paint a whole lot of NC towns with a very broad brush. The truth is that in every one of those wonderful states that you mention, there are cities and towns that I would be very nervous in. There are huge portions of Baltimore that are just not safe. The same can be said for New York City, Washington DC, Philly, Camden NJ and dozens and dozens of places. I'd like to see you walk through some of the public housing in Annapolis, MD on a Saturday night.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:28 AM

978 posts, read 2,053,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
For me, I think most of the small towns and small cities, in the East and Piedmont are undesirable. Many of the cities such as Rocky Mount, Wilson, Tarboro, Kinston, Grifton are losing population to places like Greenville where there are more job opportunities.
Yes, most people that grow up and have any ambition usually leave. Unfortunately most of those towns are left with primarily uneducated criminals. Rocky Mount is probably the worst town I've ever visited in NC. Kinston is probably a slight step above RM.

Greenville isn't too bad of a place, it just wasn't for me. I loved ECU though. I wouldn't have gone anywhere else for school!

Old 10-18-2013, 07:14 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Reidsville. Honestly I think the further west in the state you go, the nicer the towns.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:22 AM

5 posts, read 19,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by attrapereves View Post
Yes, most people that grow up and have any ambition usually leave. Unfortunately most of those towns are left with primarily uneducated criminals. Rocky Mount is probably the worst town I've ever visited in NC. Kinston is probably a slight step above RM.

Greenville isn't too bad of a place, it just wasn't for me. I loved ECU though. I wouldn't have gone anywhere else for school!

Hmmm, Id like to hear why you put Kinston slightly above Rocky Mount.

Rocky Mount is a total dump with insane crime, but it is on I-95 and it hasnt been losing people since 1980 like Kinston has. Its been gaining since 80.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:06 PM

77 posts, read 165,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
You paint a whole lot of NC towns with a very broad brush. The truth is that in every one of those wonderful states that you mention, there are cities and towns that I would be very nervous in. There are huge portions of Baltimore that are just not safe. The same can be said for New York City, Washington DC, Philly, Camden NJ and dozens and dozens of places. I'd like to see you walk through some of the public housing in Annapolis, MD on a Saturday night.
I think you understood me wrong baltimore isss very dangreous. Annapolis gets rough too. My point is they are citiessss. The real cities of nc are not bad while the small towns and smaller cities are that was my point. In most states smaller towns are sager than the big cities but in nc its opposite.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:18 AM

210 posts, read 199,462 times
Siler City is pretty bad the two times I went by there, way suspicious activity everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina