Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you live in NC, which beaches do you go to?
Outer Banks - Northern Corolla, Duck, Southern shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head 20 17.54%
OBX- Hatteras Rodanthe, Waves, Salvo, Avon, Buxton, Frisco, Hatteras, Ocracoke 16 14.04%
Crystal Coast Atlantic Beach, Pine Knoll Shores, Indian Beach, Emerald Isle 28 24.56%
Topsail Beaches North Topsail, Surf City, Topsail 19 16.67%
Wilmington Area Figure 8, Wrightsville, Carolina Beach, Kure 51 44.74%
Brunswick Beaches Bald Head Island, Oak Island, Caswell Beach, Holden, Ocean Isle, Sunset 26 22.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 04:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times

Advertisements

I just took this quiz from Our State Magazine that picks which North Carolina beach is you.

Mine ended up being Carolina Beach and Im happy with that

Take the quiz and share your results Where's Your Perfect North Carolina Beach? | Our State Magazine

edity sorry poppy lol I see it same link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 08:03 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,319,644 times
I took it several times and got Carolina Beach (not my fave), Emerald Isle (good one), and Kitty Hawk (nice).

Old 05-14-2014, 05:31 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,592,347 times
Ooh, I got Bald Head. But I don't need a luxury cottage - clean and pet friendly is fine.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:44 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,556,392 times
We used to go to Myrtle, then migrated to North Myrtle, and went to EI for the first time a few years ago. We rather enjoyed not seeing 20 story time shares everywhere.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:58 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,493,199 times
Got Sunset Beach on the quiz. Might have to check it out one day. Never been to that one.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:00 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,298,588 times
I got corolla beach.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:33 PM

Default Calling all North Carolinians, which NC beaches have you been to?

Calling all North Carolinians—just a spin off because I'm in a beach kind of mood—which NC beaches have you been to, or which have you never been to? My goal is to visit them all, but I've still got a few untouched.

I've been to the OBX, but not very often. Went to a wedding in Corolla and stayed at a house in Nags Head for it. So I guess you could say we went to the beaches in between, but we didn't really stay there. Never got up as far as Carova.

Have not been to Hatteras since I was a wee small kiddo, so I'd have to say no on Rodanthe, Waves, Salvo, Frisco, Avon, Buxton, Hatteras, etc.

Going to Ocracoke this weekend!! Whoo-hoo!

Have been to Emerald Isle and up through Atlantic, Pine Knoll Shores, etc, but we didn't stay there. Went to the Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores and went out to eat (Amos Mosquito's) at Atlantic Beach. Went to Shackleford Banks, but didn't make it out to Cape Lookout. Would like to do that sometime. Went to Beaufort (loved it) even though it's not the beach.

Have not been to Hammock's Beach/Bear Island. Not military, so haven't been to Onslow Beach. I've been to Surf City and Topsail, but it's been a LOOOOONG time. Not sure we ever made it to North Topsail.

I don't think I qualify for Figure Eight.

Have been to Wrightsville, but not many times. Have never been to the beach at Masonboro. Have been to Carolina, not my speed. Went through Kure and to the aquarium at Ft Fisher, but didn't hit the beaches either of those places.

Went to Bald Head with friends in the off season (early May) a year ago. Liked it more than I thought I would. I'm not the country club type, but thought it was really well done and loved the forest.

Have been to Southport several times (yummy eats).

Have been to Oak Island for a day trip to visit folks staying there.

Have never been to Holden.

Have been to Ocean Isle quite a few times and Sunset was our home beach growing up. Have been there and Bird Island more times than I can count.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:37 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,493,713 times
In the 2 years 3 months I've lived here I've never once been to an NC beach. I know I must be missing out, I hear a lot about the OBX. I have been to plenty of SC beaches, plenty...this summer I will check out the NC ones. I have never really been too much farther north and eat in NC than Fayetteville to Tabor City. Never been to ILM or PGV or anything

Old 05-20-2014, 03:20 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,954,864 times
Never been to a NC beach...;( what is a nice beach to go to in NC that is not out of the way from Charlotte?

Old 05-20-2014, 06:34 PM

From Charlotte I'd go to the southern beaches like Ocean Isle, Sunset, Holden, or Carolina, Kure, Wrightsville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina