U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-23-2006, 06:26 PM

15 posts, read 45,445 times

Advertisements

A little bit early for Christmas but it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

I was out covering my candy-roasters when I saw a snow flake or two. My neighbor called to tell me that the weather forecaster said it would be down into the upper 20's, thats a little bit chilly for this time of year.

Just in case you would like to know where I live, I live in The Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Little Switzerland, N.C. 28749, (type that into your search box and you can find me). My great, great grandfather came here in the late 1700's. Don't seem that long ago though!!

I would like to get to know all you people on these forums.

Thank You,
Goldenrod

This picture was taken by me of Lake Laurel in late winter of 2004, Little Switzerland.

Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Status: "Life is a hard teacher gives the test 1st" (set 20 days ago)

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,372 posts, read 4,681,562 times
Hopefully you can copyright that picture soon, it might end up on a postcard or two. It's absoutely beautiful!

If you don't mind me asking, where do you family migrate from in the 1700s?

Old 10-23-2006, 08:24 PM

37 posts, read 129,799 times
What great news, I am jeaulous I am moving to Asheville from Florida this weekend (yeah) and hope to see exactly that soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coming from Germany originally (6 years ago) I miss this a lot.
The picture is beautiful!

Old 10-23-2006, 08:26 PM

20,048 posts, read 21,026,858 times
Goldenrod, What a BEAUTIFUL picture! I went through that area in 2000, I LOVE the Blueridge Parkway!!!! You are so blessed to live there! I would like to know how much snow you get and how cold it gets tonight

Old 10-23-2006, 08:35 PM

1,117 posts, read 3,225,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Hopefully you can copyright that picture soon, it might end up on a postcard or two. It's absoutely beautiful!
That's a very good idea!

That picture is beyond stunning. How beautiful!
Do you hear the tinkling of cow bells, and the shushing of skiis on slopes as in the real Switzerland? Any town named "Little Switzerland" because it reminded someone of the old country must be heavenly! Any more pix to share?

Old 10-23-2006, 09:35 PM

15 posts, read 45,445 times
Default Pictures (plenty more)

Hi everyone, I think the wind is going to blow the roof off my house, it's blowing like crazy. And the wind chill is about -2 degrees.

I am very happy you all like my pictures. I will get around to answering your questions after I send you this pic of Mt. Mitchell taken from Three Knobs overlook on The Blue Ridge Parkway in the spring of 2002.

All these picture are copywrited and I own that copywrite. Some of these pics are on myspace, care2.com and friendster.com which are clubs that I also belong to. My attorney works for the U.S. government, and I hope I never see any of them on a postcard or a website. I would say she could get pretty rough.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7828/img058nz6.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-23-2006, 09:38 PM

943 posts, read 1,828,085 times
That is most definatley a beautiful picture. We just got an offer on our home today at last!!! Hopefully we will be in North Carolina before December in our new home. Well we still have to find it. Im thinking of driving up in a few weeks. Trying to sell my home in Florida has been hell so Im hoping it is a buyers market up there to. Our Realtor has sent us lovely pictures for sale. We are looking at maybe Hudson, I would like further north up in the mountains but think it will be difficult for jobs. Husband is a mechanic I will be transfering my nursing crdits up there to finish my RN's. But now that I see the picture of New Switzerland that might be a place we look at. We have been to Boone and Deep Gap several times....love it!!!! It would be nice to see more pictures.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:40 PM

wow is that cold already????

Old 10-23-2006, 09:41 PM

Sorry I said New Switzerland I now see it's Little Switzerland

Old 10-23-2006, 09:49 PM

98 posts, read 282,364 times
If you all want snow come up to Northern Indiana...it's snowing right now. I didn't realize that it gets this cold so soon in NC. That is what I'm trying to get away from .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina