Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 04:15 PM

875 posts, read 1,161,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Your ignorance is showing. Are you aware that it was not gay groups who led the hubbub against Eich, but other companies? No, I didn't think so.
Actually it was a married software developer who raised the issue and everyone else piled on. However this is one incident among many in the last couple years. The LGBT mafia even got Weird Al to pay protection money when he parodied Lady Gaga for crying out loud. Eventually this will come to NC.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Synopsis of todays meeting of the ACLU:

The urgency is to have all states join the 21st Century, dragged kicking and screaming out of Jesusland circa 1700.
Your contempt for Christians is noted. There are non-religious reasons to keep marriage defined between man and woman.

So this couple is allowing their child to suffer medically in order to make a political point instead of travelling to a state where their marriage is recognized and their child can receive treatment. Tells you all you need to know about their mindset. As a parent, you are supposed to do whatever you can for your child despite the inconvenience it may cause you. I guess using their child as a pawn is more important.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,476,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
Your contempt for Christians is noted. There are non-religious reasons to keep marriage defined between man and woman.

So this couple is allowing their child to suffer medically in order to make a political point instead of traveling to a state where their marriage is recognized and their child can receive treatment. Tells you all you need to know about their mindset. As a parent, you are supposed to do whatever you can for your child despite the inconvenience it may cause you. I guess using their child as a pawn is more important.
They shouldnt be treated as second class citizens in this state and as normal citizens in other states, the older couple who been together over 20 years should have legal protection and guardianship in any city in this state. If there hospital recognizes them as a couple it doesn't guarantee a hospital in another town would.

My life partner that I have been with 10.5 year and I who both love North Carolina who both of us born raised and plan to die in this beautiful state should afford the right to get married in this state.
North Carolina and rest of the nation that have this discriminatory ban will likely all be overturn bu the Summer of 2015.
I want to marry my partner in this state before my mom starts her third cancer treatment to give her some joy she desperately needs knowing her baby of six children is married and taken care of. My twin and I who also gay are the only ones not married

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-09-2014 at 06:14 PM..

Old 04-09-2014, 05:57 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,217,585 times
Quote:

So this couple is allowing their child to suffer medically in order to make a political point instead of travelling to a state where their marriage is recognized and their child can receive treatment. Tells you all you need to know about their mindset. As a parent, you are supposed to do whatever you can for your child despite the inconvenience it may cause you. I guess using their child as a pawn is more important.
Name one.

I find it disgusting that anyone would blame a couple for wanting to be able to have marriage benefits that would allow their child access to proper insurance in that child's home state.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
They shouldnt be treated as second class citizens in this state and as normal citizens in other states, the older couple who been together over 20 years should have legal protection and guardianship in any city in this state. If their hospital recognizes them as a couple doesnt gurantee a hospital in another town would.

My life partner that I have been with 10.5 year and I who both love North Carolina who both of us born raised and plan to die in this beautiful state should afford the right to get married in this state.
North Carolina and rest of the nation that have this discriminatory ban will likely all be overturn bu the Summer of 2015.
I want to marry my partner in this state before my mom starts her third cancer treatment to give her some joy she desperately needs knowing her baby of six children is married and taken care of. My twin and I who also gay are the only ones not married.
(((Sunny)))

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-09-2014 at 06:12 PM..

Old 04-09-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Name one.
I'd like to name several but you'll delete them for being off-topic since you disagree and are not willing to acknowledge any counterpoint. I don't share your Progressive groupthink therefore I am an "other" and need to be outcast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I find it disgusting that anyone would blame a couple for wanting to be able to have marriage benefits that would allow their child access to proper insurance in that child's home state.
I find it disgusting that the parents of a suffering child feel it is more important to use him/her as a prop instead of locating where they can get the necessary medical treatment. Get your child healthy first. This isn't the child's home state since they moved from Massachusetts. If the couple had done 20 microseconds of research they would have realized something like this could happen. My thoughts and prayers are with the child not their selfish parents.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
They shouldnt be treated as second class citizens in this state and as normal citizens in other states, the older couple who been together over 20 years should have legal protection and guardianship in any city in this state. If there hospital recognizes them as a couple it doesn't guarantee a hospital in another town would.
Once again, there is no right to marriage, it is a privilege granted by the state. Gays are far from second class citizens, in fact they get First Class Plus treatment in some circumstances especially if a crime is committed against them. When they have to sit at a separate lunch counter or are denied jobs, the right to speak, assemble, practice religion, own firearms, vote, etc. then you can claim they are 2nd class citizens.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I'd like to name several but you'll delete them for being off-topic since you disagree and are not willing to acknowledge any counterpoint. I don't share your Progressive groupthink therefore I am an "other" and need to be outcast.

I find it disgusting that the parents of a suffering child feel it is more important to use him/her as a prop instead of locating where they can get the necessary medical treatment. Get your child healthy first. This isn't the child's home state since they moved from Massachusetts. If the couple had done 20 microseconds of research they would have realized something like this could happen. My thoughts and prayers are with the child not their selfish parents.
I think you simply cannot name any, man. Just be honest enough to admit it.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Once again, there is no right to marriage, it is a privilege granted by the state. Gays are far from second class citizens, in fact they get First Class Plus treatment in some circumstances especially if a crime is committed against them. When they have to sit at a separate lunch counter or are denied jobs, the right to speak, assemble, practice religion, own firearms, vote, etc. then you can claim they are 2nd class citizens.
You think that a group of people who are denied the same rights and privileges as heterosexual couples are being treated fairly?

Get outta here, dude. LOL.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:35 PM

90 posts, read 118,831 times
Quote:
Marriage confers numerous benefits relating to property, medical decisions, child rearing and taxes. Thus denying them the option of marriage does take away constitutionally protected rights. If you find gays so odious, don't marry one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina