Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 08:11 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Owning a gun will make someone more likely to be involved in gun violence.

It's just Logic 101. You are never around a gun? Not likely to be harmed by one.
Wrong. Being around criminals means you are more likely to be involved in violence, the gun is irrelevant.

Quote:
Not saying I have an issue with the 2nd amendment. I don't, really. I'm cool with gun ownership if people choose it. It's a Constitutional right. I do have an issue with people thinking that it means we should walk around armed all the time and be able to buy assault weapons... for... ?
Self-defense is a human right, that is why the law-abiding should be able walk around armed all the time (unless the property owner says no). Assault weapons do not exist, they are a construct of the Brady campaign that means "guns that look scary". They function no differently and are no more deadly than any other firearm.

Quote:
(I have had a CCW before, so let's not pretend I haven't tried it... I just don't see the point.)
Some folks believe in being able to defend themselves from criminals.

Quote:
What I have learned is that if you want a gun pulled on you in an otherwise nice part of town? Live with someone who carries a gun on their person all the time. You are inches away from having a gun pulled on you at any time. People can snap, man. You never know.
Wow, what a slanderous statement. So all of us CCW holders are just psychotics waiting to snap? That is a tired old falsehood. The statistics do not support your statement. I believe it was .0003% of concealed handgun holders in NC have committed crimes.

Who would you rather have carrying a gun - a criminal who stole one or someone who has gone through a state and federal background check?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,311 times
I have lived in fayetteville for 40 plus years and have never seen any gun violence , in my any neighborhoods I have stayed in.most of that violence happens after dark on the other side of town and a lot of it is in nightclub parking lots.most of the drive by shootings were gang related according to the paper and I know of one where the kid joined a gang to buy his little sister some shoes and when he tried to get out they shot at the peoples home.home invasion one neighborhood over from me ,teens shot homeowner turns out they lived in neighborhood and knew him.series of car thefts in my neighborhood last year, turns out none of the cars were locked, and no one uses their two car garage .so yes a lot happens I read about it in the paper.but the majority of it is friendship/relationships gone bad., then somebody goes and gets the gun.if you are thinking of moving here come on down.just research the area you plan on moving to , heres a word to the wise.if you own a bunch of guns have a bad temper and cant get along with anybody....thats what most of this violence is in Fayetteville.research it for yourself ..very few are random shootings.and there you have it ..

Old 07-27-2014, 09:44 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtfhsyu View Post
You live in Fayetteville and hang out in the worst parts of town in the evenings.
Luckily I don't have to "hang out" in these areas anymore. Haven't witnessed any crime since. Although there was a massive shooting in my old neighborhood, on my old street (Grandview Dr in Southgate) a few weeks ago. That's pretty crazy. Ex roommate's house barely missed getting shot up.

But I'm not even just talking about Fayetteville. Several small cities, such as Tabor City, random small Sampson County areas, Lumberton, Laurinburg, I hear all kinds of horror stories coming from these towns. People try to say it happens in every city but this simply is not true at all. Several towns I've lived in in other states, including one with a population of 25,000 (larger than Lumberton), would see maybe 1 homicide every few years, and 2 or 3 robberies a year. It's just a bit odd to me.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:52 PM

983 posts, read 3,988,236 times
What goes on in Sampson County is rarely random. It's usually drug-related---drug deal gone bad, someone on drug goes crazy and assaults the people he/she is with.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:30 PM

31 posts, read 46,715 times
There are several reasons for NC's high crime rates, but among the highest reasons has to be the cultural / racial component, lack of education and high drug use.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:43 AM

2 posts, read 2,311 times
yes , Fayetteville is a military town, yes we we have every nationality here, but its not just one race doing all the killings its people in relationships/married /dating etc .so yes yhe news wants you to y him I its all black people shooting up the town but if you research it you will see its all the different races of people that have relocated here from some your city because this is a nice quiet wonderful state to live in, buy not a lot to do of you are from the large cities and they cant handle the peacefulness so they turn to crime for entertainment.I invite you to research this instead of relying on thr e rods of the fearmongrels who blame everything on black people y hs ts negative.research for yourself people...think ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina