Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:37 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
I am sure that there is a state out there that wants you.

As to good teachers leaving the state in droves - absolutely horrible for NC. We would then be left with substandard teachers. How then will our redneck buck toothed children ever learn?
One option parents has is....
Home schooling and it works pretty well. Are you up for the challenge? Think of all that wasted talent many stay at homes have on their hands. Many can sacrifice social media time and do some home schooling.

second way is private schools.
Get a job and sacrifice more computer internet time.

Just some ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 11:46 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,418,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Home schooling and it works pretty well. Are you up for the challenge? Think of all that wasted talent many stay at homes have on their hands. Many can sacrifice social media time and do some home schooling.

Just some ideas.
Yes homeschooling that is a great idea. Lets make people working 2 full time jobs at minimum wage commit to spend enough time to home school. Not to mention that many folks who are unemployed with children likely do not have the educational background that a teacher would have and may not even have the base knowledge and skills to home school, but hey lets do it anyway. After all the way we pay teachers you would think they are doing an unskilled job.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:07 PM

412 posts, read 684,353 times
Quote:

Just some ideas.
I assume the "sacrifice more computer internet time" is directed at me being of here?
If so - I have no kids. Falalalala
I can be on here all day and don't have to worry about the schooling my child is missing out on while the republicans wage war on good teachers.
Sadly I do have to worry about everyone else's child.
Home schooling done properly and without the emphasis on religion or avoidance of real world issues can be good.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:25 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times
Quote:

Just some ideas.
I have a hard time believing that most stay-at-home moms will be as adept in pedagogy as a trained professional backed by government resources. It's pretty offensive that some people proudly display such a lack of respect for the teaching profession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina