U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-14-2007, 11:39 AM
TCK TCK started this thread

167 posts, read 390,923 times

Advertisements

I need pointing in the right direction. I have been searching and dreaming of moving for two years now. Seems when I find a pretty good place, in time I cannot afford it.

Fortunately I have a great teen son. Unfortunately he has already had a mild stroke. When divorce is final, I will be a lower middle class. I am moving to NC and wanted to live originally in Matthews, then Mint Hill. Really don't feel I can afford them now.

So for affordable housing - 135K or under and GREAT hospital/hospitals - what direction do I go?

I was thinking of Winston-Salem because of Forsyth Medical and Wake Forest University. I love the area of Clayton but looks like their new hospital will bascially be an emergency room and diagnostic facility. We have that in RR now and I have been billed for two ambulance transport to Albuquerque twice in a 36 hour period before. Not good. Need full-service hospital close.

Please point me in any direction in NC.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 11:54 AM

5,660 posts, read 18,350,586 times
Duke University Medical Center in Durham is the best overall hospital NC has to offer, so you might want to look in the Triangle area of the state.

Best Hospitals in America for 2007 - http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/best-hospitals/honorroll.htm (broken link)

NC Triangle Sub-Forum - http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...pel-hill-cary/

Last edited by mm34b; 12-14-2007 at 12:03 PM..

Old 12-14-2007, 01:00 PM

648 posts, read 2,064,997 times
I think your idea of Winston-Salem is solid. Baptist and Forsyth are both great hospitals, and I'm sure you could find a nice place in Forsyth or northern Davidosn county that's within your budget.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:25 PM

3,572 posts, read 9,521,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCK View Post
I need pointing in the right direction. I have been searching and dreaming of moving for two years now. Seems when I find a pretty good place, in time I cannot afford it.

Fortunately I have a great teen son. Unfortunately he has already had a mild stroke. When divorce is final, I will be a lower middle class. I am moving to NC and wanted to live originally in Matthews, then Mint Hill. Really don't feel I can afford them now.

So for affordable housing - 135K or under and GREAT hospital/hospitals - what direction do I go?

I was thinking of Winston-Salem because of Forsyth Medical and Wake Forest University. I love the area of Clayton but looks like their new hospital will bascially be an emergency room and diagnostic facility. We have that in RR now and I have been billed for two ambulance transport to Albuquerque twice in a 36 hour period before. Not good. Need full-service hospital close.

Thanks.
Baptist Memorial has an incredible stroke center
http://www1.wfubmc.edu/

Old 12-14-2007, 02:32 PM

2,461 posts, read 5,519,665 times
You could be close to Duke and UNC and live in some of the more affordable areas around the Triangle like south Person County, south Granville County, or eastern Alamance County.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:11 AM
TCK TCK started this thread

167 posts, read 390,923 times
Default Thank you

Thank you everyone for responding. I really appreciate it. I have been looking up these areas only since your postings. Have a happy holiday and thanks for your quick responses.

T

Old 12-15-2007, 08:36 AM

4,834 posts, read 4,130,141 times
Thumbs up Another suggestion for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCK View Post

Thanks.
You may want to try this link to Betsy Johnson Regional Hospital in Dunn. They just built a large addition and have radically upgraded their services. They are a non profit hospital. Dunn is a small City with a lot of affordable housing and it is located off Interstate 95. Just another addition to the excellent information you have already received.
http://www.bjrh.org/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina