Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 07:17 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,965,757 times

Advertisements

Nobody can argue with Carolinadreamin about Fayetteville.

Afterall he has visted here a few times on business.

He's the expert.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:50 PM

351 posts, read 1,066,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
Nobody can argue with Carolinadreamin about Fayetteville.

Afterall he has visted here a few times on business.

He's the expert.
Whatever........If you call moving one of the "sleaziest strips in America" from Hay St. to Bragg Blvd. progress, than I strongly disagree. That's the only noticeable difference I've seen in Fayetteville.

Last edited by carolinadreamin'; 10-04-2009 at 09:17 PM..

Old 08-05-2010, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,348 times
like-a -some boooooo0000ty Fayettenam....lol how true that is just look at yadkin rd you think skibo is bad and it is .... this place is the puss from the pimple on the ass of NC....

Old 08-05-2010, 03:17 PM

983 posts, read 3,973,958 times
The State Democratic Convention was held in Fayetteville last weekend, and many people were surprised to find how NICE Fayetteville is, and how well Fayetteville has cleaned up!! FayObserver.com - Archived Article Page

You know, those of us who live in the area, and choose to continue to live in the area, really get tired of seeing Fayetteville put down by people who have only passed through, or "heard" how bad it is... PFCs who don't care about getting involved with the city and only look for the bars & claim there's "nothing to do." READ THE NEWSPAPER--you'll find PLENTY to keep you busy--and not in a bad way!!!

Old 03-24-2011, 05:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,186 times
Fayetteville is not my town of choice. I hear those defending it are usually those who have nothing to compare it to. Shame really. No, it is not like this every place you go. I will say, if you can learn the roads you can find alternate means to get places. I avoid Skibo every chance I get but know back roads to bypass most of it. The crime here is worse than any place I have lived. The cost of living is too high for the average income as rent seems based on what the military are paid and not the average local person. The utility company continues to raise the rates as do the politicians within the overall state tax brackets. They like to compare how low our taxes are against other states without sharing the whole picture. I have had some enjoyable moments while living here and counting down the time I can leave, but have learned I must curfew myself to avoid unwelcome issues Fayetteville continues to produce. Yes, downtown Fayetteville has cleaned up over the years. I remember what it was like during the 1970s. I also know that if you look at the area with open eyes then drive an hour away to adjoining towns you might see the difference in trash all over the roads, etc. I am from this area, have lived in many other areas, have been back for the past ten years, and I can comparably state, it is the worse place I have lived in my life. Yes, I am working on my departure but my opinion will remain long after I have moved. I did not care for it in the 1970s and was told it had improved/changed, but for me it has changed for the worse. Then again, this is the beauty of our country, if you do not like one area, pick up and move, because there is bound to be a place you will like. Those who love it here, by all means, enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina