Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 4,722 times

Advertisements

I am recent college graduate that is moving to North Carolina. My job is in Fayetteville,NC but I would like to be close to Raleigh since that is the area where young people live (however, it is about 70 miles away from my job). Looking to rent an apartment between both cities, but I am not familiar with the area so I would like to know if anybody can give me any suggestions about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 10:39 AM

13,323 posts, read 26,772,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jramirez1890 View Post
Looking to rent an apartment between both cities, but I am not familiar with the area so I would like to know if anybody can give me any suggestions about this.
Somewhere between Fuquay-Varina and Lillington is the mid-point. They are both family-oriented suburbs, so I don't think you will find any exciting night life there. Lillington has nearby Campbell University, so you will find some apartments with younger people there. For example, the Dry Brook apartments and Meredith Square.

I would suggest just renting near your job for the first year, and go to Raleigh on the weekends. Then you can scope of the area and decide whether a longer commute is worth-while.

BTW, there are numerous threads on "safe places in Fayetteville" if you use the search function.

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-16-2014 at 10:50 AM..

Old 06-16-2014, 12:38 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,475,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post

I would suggest just renting near your job for the first year, and go to Raleigh on the weekends. Then you can scope of the area and decide whether a longer commute is worth-while.
Great advice!

Old 06-16-2014, 04:37 PM

3,604 posts, read 4,444,605 times
This is a tough one. Indeed, Fu. Varina or Lillington would be the halfway point, but as the poster above me said they are both small and family oriented. Lillington is very small and rural. If your job is in Fayetteville...yikes I hope it is a good job. There are plenty of clubs, bars etc in Fayetteville...problem is going to the clubs in Fayetteville on a Friday night at 1AM is not really a good idea unless you're looking to get robbed or shot...this is a toughy dude, don't really know what to say. There isn't much between RDU and FAY at all.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:34 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,000,674 times
If the OP wants to live the sort of life that puts work in one city and have a social life in another one 60 miles away, my best advice is to invest in a highly reliable fuel efficient car.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:57 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,962,387 times
No, not too many young people in Fayetteville. Just the bulk of the the 82nd Airborne Division. This town is quite geared toward young people.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:14 PM

272 posts, read 378,034 times
Check out Sanford, Cameron, or Angier....all towns in Lee County or Harnett County, NC. I don't know what living in these towns are like, but as far as location, I think those will be the best bet for what you are looking for....Harnett County, NC is the county that sits in the middle of Raleigh and Fayetteville....Sanford and Lee County are somewhat centralized to Raleigh and Fayetteville.

+I was born/raised in Raleigh and I own property in Fayetteville+

Old 11-21-2014, 12:58 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,859,211 times
Fayetteville has high young population, that is not its issue, I can assure you, but Raleigh and the triangle area is a better place to live, at the same time, Fayetteville is better then the areas in between it. Before I moved to Cary, I stayed in Fayetteville near Methodist College and it only took me 50 minutes to get to downtown Raleigh. So it really isn't that far, I guarantee you, If you just end up moving to Fayetteville, check out Heather's Ridge, most folks are young, a lot of them in the military, and it's on the better half of Ramsey, and it's close to 295 which will take you to Raleigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina