Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 11:45 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Also a friend whose mother has worked with McCrory said he's basically too stupid to govern and is a complete puppet.
I don't think he is stupid. He was mayor of the largest city in the state, in fact Charlotte's longest serving mayor, and won re-election many times in a city that is basically under control of the Democrats. His record there does not indicate stupidity or someone blinded by pure party dogma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 02:37 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,286,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtfhsyu View Post
I think anybody who lives in N.C. needs to know where this man comes from and what his agenda is.
Perhaps a majority of people in NC understand "where he comes from" and his "agenda," but -- believe it or not -- actually disagree with your personal politics . . .

Old 07-29-2014, 03:33 PM

31 posts, read 46,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
OP -- What, exactly, are you accusing Pope of having done, except for being conservative and disagreeing with your particular political bias?

I am glad that we have his input to state government. I hope that he is able to clean up the disgraceful mess at UNC-CH regarding the African and African American Studies department. I hope that he goes through state government with a fire hose.
Amen! This Governor sure as heck can't mess up the state any worse than the democrats have for 114 years!

Old 07-29-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoir View Post
It's interesting that the GA outlawed us knowing which chemicals are being pumped into the ground in fracking. It sure would be nice to know which carcinogens these bozos are allowing into our land. I'm sure when seismic activity increases, like in OH and OK, they'll tell us it's naturally occurring too.
Another ill informed kool-aid drinker.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:37 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noyzmakr View Post
Amen! This Governor sure as heck can't mess up the state any worse than the democrats have for 114 years!
Wanna bet?

Old 07-29-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Wanna bet?
Who's money are you betting with? Taxpayers, I'm sure.

Will you pay off when we start Fracturing for NGL (Natural Gas Liquids) next year and over 100,000 jobs are created in the next few years? Those tax dollars will pay for all your little pet projects and more.

All these communist / anti-capitalist environmental groups that are against it are being paid by Putin's Gazprom, Saudi Arabian front groups, and George Soros, because they don't want the competition or us selling our gas to Europe, breaking the economy of Russia and lowering the cost of fuel worldwide.

Soros, who owns several oil and gas corporations through shady front groups, got his puppet Obama to stop almost all new drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and sent all the gulf coast drilling rigs he could down to Brazil after the BP spill, where Soros owns interest in the off shore fields.

Get informed! Stop doing the bidding of murderous regimes and anti-Semitic billionaires and get behind your own country for once!

Old 07-29-2014, 05:42 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
I've said before there is no difference between Democrats and Republicans on this issue. Joe Biden was appointed head of the Ukraine's largest oil producer. They have decided to start "fracking" for oil there. Not reported on the MSM news.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...s-east-ukraine

America needs a sound industrial and energy policy that will move us beyond this dependence. The last president who tried this was Jimmy Carter and look how they demonized him for the next 3 decades for doing it.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:57 PM

90 posts, read 118,916 times
Quote:
Another ill informed kool-aid drinker.
Your post is so filled with factual information, it may take me a few days to digest all you've written.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:32 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
Quote:
Who's money are you betting with? Taxpayers, I'm sure.
!
Not everything comes down to dollars. I'm not willing to bet the future of our environment and the health of our citizens.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Not everything comes down to dollars. I'm not willing to bet the future of our environment and the health of our citizens.
Money is a tool that can be used for evil or good. How the state spends the tax revenue that will spring from these operations is up to us and our representatives. Great good can come from this investment in our state, and yes, there could be corruption. But that already exists here in NC. I give you James "Jim" B. Black, Dan Blue, Mike Easley, just to name a recent few. It's up to us to stop that and vote out any who participate in such behavior.

There will be very little if any environmental damage. Very rarely are there any instances that aren't contained to a small foot print in the drilling process and that is cleaned to a pristine state. If anything, the areas will be cleaner once the well is done and the NGL is flowing through relatively small pipelines to a central distribution point. The production companies pay hefty fines for the smallest environmental damage and they aren't in the business of throwing away millions of dollars, nor do they cut corners. Great care is taken and environmental scientists from many disciplines and backgrounds help with the planning, regulation and supervision during and after construction, drilling and maintenance of these sites. Some work for the company itself, outside contractors, the federal and state governments and independent citizens. Nothing is overlooked.

Much has been made of not making public the mixture of chemicals and ingredients that are used in hydraulic fracturing. That's because it's proprietary. These companies don't want their competition to know how they are producing, in some cases, out producing their competitors in this very competitive business. Just as you don't know the eight herbs and spices in the Colonel's Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe, these recipes are also kept secret, and for the same reason; Competition.

The main complaint we ever get from neighbors near well sites was mostly from the noise of trucks coming and going during the drill process, but that doesn't last but a few months at most. After that, all you see is a pumping station that can be disguised to fit into the landscape and quiet as a mouse.

Show me proof of one, just one case where someone was harmed by hydraulic fracturing that wasn't working on the drill rig itself. or in some way working within the site itself. I know of none and have been in the business of dealing with landowners and nearby residents at pipeline and drill sites for years in NC, Texas and Wyoming.

All this propaganda coming from anti-capitalists is just that. Joseph Goebbels would be proud. It's mostly lies, fabricated or something attributed to the drilling that turns out later to be something else. The documentary "Gasland" has been proven in a court of law to have falsified almost everything in the film, most notably the "water on fire" phenomenon, which they staged by pumping propane from a small propane tank through a rubber hose into the water line. This does occur naturally though and has for centuries before the white man ever got to this continent. It comes from methane mixing in well water, a known natural phenomenon mostly seen where water wells are near fault lines and pockets of methane are ruptured in imperceptible earthquakes only detected by very sensitive equipment.

Fracturing will be a great boost for NC. Just investigate for yourself what it's done for North Dakota and Texas. In some areas of ND, MacDonald's pays over $20 an hour to start. Schools, homes, apartments and businesses are being built, creating thousands of construction jobs. Not to mention, restaurants, hotels, airports, machine shops, automobile dealerships and all the service jobs that grow up around the industry. This has happened everywhere I've worked, and only a few anti-capitalists communist complain, but they are always complaining.

All those states I mentioned are running surpluses in the states and local governments. NC could use some of that. We could hire and pay great teachers, build schools and invite the world to come see our beautiful state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina