Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 09:53 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breannagrooms4u View Post
Coming from central Pennsylvania. Of course, I would prefer low cost living, but 'low cost living' usually means the area has less money to spend on such things like the pet services I provide. So I figured Ill have to suck it up and empty my wallet at first, to get the income I am hoping for.
So far, Ive been interested in Charleston, Beaufort and Mauldin SC.
Then you should post on the South Carolina, not the North Carolina, board. We are two different states There is not really such a unified place as "The Carolinas", we just share a name. You wouldn't post questions about Ohio on a Pennsylvania board, would you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 11:14 AM

353 posts, read 604,174 times
edit, missed Francois' post that said the same thing as mine

Last edited by BarLatGo; 08-15-2014 at 11:27 AM..

Old 08-15-2014, 12:56 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
A few hours away will definitely not work for me...
Then why are you looking at coastal cities in SC?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:46 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times
The Francis Marion forest is near Charleston, but hikes aren't as much fun on a coastal plain. It's flat in Charleston and Beaufort. Mauldin is nearer the mountains. Greenville, SC, might be a good market for you. But it stands to reason that you need to live near your business. Small businesses have different success in different areas. NC is 52,672 square miles, SC is 31,117.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:31 PM

44 posts, read 50,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
You may be misundertanding, I want outdoor recreation close to wherever I move to.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:55 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
I
Does anyone know the names of larger parks in SC I could use for hiking? Local and maybe day-trips. I would love to look some up.
This is the NORTH Carolina forum. You need to ask SC questions on the SC forum.
"The Carolinas" are two different states--not sure if you were aware of this?

Quote:
Especially on a North Carolina forum!!

Old 08-20-2014, 09:01 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
You may be misundertanding, I want outdoor recreation close to wherever I move to.
You posted questions about 2 coastal towns in SC & one town in Upstate SC on the NC board. When someone suggested something in the middle in NC you said it wouldn't do. You didn't asked any questions. You dismissed it. Asking questions would have gotten you the information that there are trails & a trail system is being built near Charlotte.

So no, I don't think that I'm confused or misunderstanding anything.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:28 AM

44 posts, read 50,026 times
Just for your knowledge, this is the first post from myself on this site, sorry if Im not asking the right questions for you? Yes, I realize now Im in the Norh carolina page. But I posted about both states...not just SC, although I do like the stats of a few cities in SC. No reason to get all negative towards me. Im asking questions, looking for friendly advice as a first-time user of this site, trying to find a place to call home.
So since this is a NC thread, Ill ask this. What are some towns or cities in NC that have outdoor recreation, in a relatively safe area (I don't need "safe for my kids to ride their bikes" or lowest crime rates in the state blah blah blah, but I am a young, well-off and well dressed 20 something woman.), a place that welcomes small business and is also kind to out-of-towners.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:24 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
What are some towns or cities in NC that have outdoor recreation, in a relatively safe area ...... , a place that welcomes small business and is also kind to out-of-towners.
If you count public ocean beaches as "outdoor recreation", then try some of the coastal areas: Shallotte Leland, Topsail Beach.

The towns are growing, we have to deal with newcomers all the time and innovative small businesses are welcome.

BTW, I consider outdoor recreation is available anywhere, it doesn't have to be as organized as a state park. You can always ride a bike in your development or hike around the town park. I am not sure why you blew off my suggestion of areas around Charlotte where people have money for dog grooming. Perhaps you need to define what you want for "outdoor recreation".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina