U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 10:15 PM

380 posts, read 1,617,104 times

Advertisements

I am getting ready to take the NC driver license test soon. I saw conflicting answers on this forum for which is the correct answer to the question about what you do if you have an accident? Pull over or call the police. I searched the manual and couldn't find the answer. My common sense is to pull over if possible and I think that is our law up north. But I think most people were saying that the correct answer on the test is to call the police. Does anyone know for sure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 10:42 PM

715 posts, read 1,952,815 times
Well, as great of a resource as it is, City Data Forums may not be the best way to prepare for your Drivers Test. I would research your specific question in the manual provided by the DMV. It has been years since I studied for the test, but in my traveling, I do remember reading numerous road signs through the Carolinas on certain roads instructing drivers to pull over to shoulder in case of a fender bender to not block traffic. Although I do not claim this as being the legal answer to your question. However, I can also say, that if I'm in an accident, the last thing I want to do is move my car unless being instructed by an officer. Sometimes photographs are required to win a civil case and the scene of an accident often determines who gets the ticket and subsequently, who is at fault. I really don't think you'll see this multiple choice question given on the test, but I would first call the police, and then ask the 911 operator if the car should be moved, or if the scene of the accident should be kept in place. I would suspect it's not a black and white rule though and it depends on the severity and location of the accident.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:43 PM

3,662 posts, read 8,686,176 times
How about both. Especially on the interstate, you should pull over to not impede traffic. Then call the cops.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:50 PM

71 posts, read 264,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
How about both. Especially on the interstate, you should pull over to not impede traffic. Then call the cops.
yes there's a sign posted throughout the interstates in NC that say if in an accident please get out of the way of traffic so that would be my first answer.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:52 PM

It is a question on the test and it is not worded what you do first. My husband took the test and I believe he put that you should pull over and I think he got it wrong. But he can't remember for sure. I have searched the manual on line and it says you should do both those things and call the insurance company. But you can only choose one on the test.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:29 AM

249 posts, read 798,702 times
It's call the police. When you think about it that is something that should always be done, there would be times when it wouldn't be possible to move the car off the road... too much damage, personal injury etc.

Btw, if you review the braindump site (link found somewhere in this forum) you will not have a problem. I reviewed that for about 10 minutes, took the test and got a perfect score.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:43 AM

Thanks. I did review that brain bumps and it was good but that one question had 2 different people saying 2 different answers. So thanks. That one had me stumped.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:00 PM

237 posts, read 235,975 times
If you look at it from the viewpoint of dmv, they care more about you moving your vehicle since that would avoid another accident and be better for your own safety. if you look at it from your lawyer's point of view , especially if you ve been injured , and are not at fault, then you wouldnt move your car. You would also try to isolate the area with triangles and flares and work everything smoothly towards your personal injury case that will hopefully set up for life.right.If you look at it from just your own personal viewpoint, i suggest move the car the hell out of the way and find a safe place to wait. try to get the other drivers info and stay calm

Old 12-24-2007, 02:46 PM

7 posts, read 18,250 times
I took the exam back in June and the correct answer is "call the police". Good luck!

Old 12-24-2007, 10:08 PM

Thanks headup. Do you remember any other tricky questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina