Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 11:05 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
On the bright side, I guess when can expect Tillis, if he wins, to only vote with the GOP leadership maybe.... 67% of the time. Since you know... Only hacks vote with along party lines.
Actually in terms of marching in lockstep, the GOP is far more fractured these days over that of the Democrats. Rovian Republicans vs Tea Party Republicans. There really isn't anything like this now in the Democratic. Moderate democrats such as Evan Bayh have all left or have been pushed out.

On the other hand, these differences are all minor. When it comes to things such as war, bombing innocents, illegal spying on Americans, corporate croynism, bending over to lobbiests, giving the keys to the finance industry, etc. There is practically no difference. Basically the only difference between Tillis & Hagan is that Hagan has already failed to do anything in the Senate.

If you support Obama, then you vote Hagan, if not, then vote for someone else. i.e. Tillis if you want to vote against Obama, 3rd party if you want to lodge a protest vote.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:06 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,266 times
On the bright side, I guess when can expect Tillis, if he wins, to only vote with the GOP leadership maybe.... 67% of the time. Since you know... Only hacks vote with along party lines.[/quote]

And low information voters!!!

Old 10-13-2014, 11:28 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
On the bright side, I guess when can expect Tillis, if he wins, to only vote with the GOP leadership maybe.... 67% of the time. Since you know... Only hacks vote with along party lines.
And low information voters!!![/quote]

So in other words. Instead of Kay Hagan voting with Obama 96% of the time, we'll have Tillis vote against Obama 96% of the time.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
...... against Obama 96% of the time.
Is this a bad thing? I didn't think we could have a worse president than G. Bush, but Obama proved me wrong.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Is this a bad thing? I didn't think we could have a worse president than G. Bush, but Obama proved me wrong.

I'm Not the one making a big deal of voting along party lines 96% of the time... Tillis is. And haven't you mentioned multiple times the "96%" smear also? Or is voting 96% along party lines ONLY when it's with your party?

And frankly, I feel like Obama is doing a great job for the mess Bush created. All one has to do is compare 2008 to 2014. That's off topic though.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
And low information voters!!!

So in other words. Instead of Kay Hagan voting with Obama 96% of the time, we'll have Tillis vote against Obama 96% of the time.[/quote]

No, in straight forward words, low information voters that cast ballots without knowing the facts.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:

And frankly, I feel like Obama is doing a great job for the mess Bush created. All one has to do is compare 2008 to 2014. That's off topic though.
Obama is headed into his 7th year as president in January. It's time that he and his supporters stop blaming his failures on GW Bush.

The fact that they are still talking about the last president at 6+ years says failure at so many levels. And Hagan is right there with him.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:53 PM

And frankly, I feel like Obama is doing a great job for the mess Bush created. All one has to do is compare 2008 to 2014. That's off topic though.[/quote]

Since you threw it in....

I'm sure Tillis will not be fixing what Hagan destroyed on a golf course. I'm sure he will not be sleeping in late and flying off to a cocktail party to fund raise while Isis or some other terrorist is killing folks of NC or in Behnghazi. Get off the Blame Game and fix what all these fools have destroyed!!!

Take about making a mess

Old 10-13-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama is headed into his 7th year as president in January. It's time that he and his supporters stop blaming his failures on GW Bush.

The fact that they are still talking about the last president at 6+ years says failure at so many levels. And Hagan is right there with him.
You said Obama was worse than Bush...

Compare 2000 - 2007 VS. 2008-2014

Compare the trends of the state of our overall economy and you can see Bush go on a downward trajectory VS. an upward trajectory with Obama. And you want to say Bush was better? Lol. Because we stood up, spent trillions and ruined our economy for pointless wars. Yeah, how scared of Bush was Putin when he invaded Georgia?

Yeah, if it's Tillis vs. "Obama"... I'll gladly vote "Obama" vs. the guy who would have supported a default because they didn't like the affordable healthcare act even though it was voted on and fought in court...

Old 10-13-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post

Since you threw it in....

I'm sure Tillis will not be fixing what Hagan destroyed on a golf course. I'm sure he will not be sleeping in late and flying off to a cocktail party to fund raise while Isis or some other terrorist is killing folks of NC or in Behnghazi. Get off the Blame Game and fix what all these fools have destroyed!!!

Take about making a mess [/quote]

If we're voting off of who is "sleeping in late" and "going to cocktail party's"....... It sounds like some people aren't paying attention to the REAL issues and instead on these silly little TMZ nonsensical National Enquirerer articles.

And ironically, you mentioning appealing to low information voters... What do you think "Kay Hagan is getting her nails done while terrorist are killing Tarheels" is doing.... Appealing to low information people....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina