Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 04:30 PM

444 posts, read 582,132 times

Advertisements

We all agree Obamacare was a catastrophe but it isn't the only reason why we should change the political landscape with a right-winger over it. It is simply too bad because both of these candidates have no business being a Senator of the United States of America and representing the State of North Carolina with their bad ideas, corporate affiliations, and lack of sense for our standard civic liberties...least having a care in the world what the day to day joe has to deal with.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:48 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySeal77 View Post
We all agree Obamacare was a catastrophe but it isn't the only reason why we should change the political landscape with a right-winger over it. It is simply too bad because both of these candidates have no business being a Senator of the United States of America and representing the State of North Carolina with their bad ideas, corporate affiliations, and lack of sense for our standard civic liberties...least having a care in the world what the day to day joe has to deal with.
No we don't all agree that Obamacare was a catastrophe. Don't speak for me, thanks. Obamacare is a nationalized version of Romney-care. It needs work. But since the party of no refuses to do anything it is what it is, a start.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:55 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
There was an ad on TV today that was so ridiculous.

It was a child at a spelling bee asked to spell Hagan. The kid asked for the definition

"Hagan, someone who has voted with Obama 96% of the time"

The kid then ask to hear Hagan used in a sentence

"Kay Hagan was responsible for passing Obamacare"

The kid then says "Hagan. O-b-a-m-a, Hagan". The judges then say "close enough"

I'm not saying pro-hagan ones are better but that one annoyed me more than any so far. "vote for me, I'm not Obama"

I just hope of he does win, he's not as annoying as Ted Cruz.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
....... Obamacare is a nationalized version of Romney-care. It needs work. But since the party of no refuses to do anything it is what it is, a start.
LOL. Doesn't matter how it's spun, even in regards to Obama's opponent in the elections, in regards to this topic retired seniors in NC and elsewhere, hate what it did to Medicare. It's costing them money and access to vital tests.

Hagan voted for Obamacare. Some say she cast the deciding vote. This is my guess as to why the turnout is so high amongst this demographic. The GOP is promising to end Obamacare. On this point I doubt that they will. Obamacare was designed to protect the profits of those belonging to the AMA and the Finance Industry.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. Doesn't matter how it's spun, even in regards to Obama's opponent in the elections, in regards to this topic retired seniors in NC and elsewhere, hate what it did to Medicare. It's costing them money and access to vital tests.

Hagan voted for Obamacare. Some say she cast the deciding vote. This is my guess as to why the turnout is so high amongst this demographic. The GOP is promising to end Obamacare. On this point I doubt that they will. Obamacare was designed to protect the profits of those belonging to the AMA and the Finance Industry.
Healthcare providers are no longer being paid for redundancy. The GOP would have people believing differently. You probably believe in the death panels.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

You're so hung up on the over 60 crowd. But there are other demographics. The democrats have a large lead over republicans for early voting. And I don't think there is this huge exodus of Democratic voters voting Tillis like you claim. The difference between democrats voting GOP and vice-versa probably aren't that far apart.

Democrats are outperforming in NC compared to previous elections here. In Iowa & Colorado is where the democrats are really hurting.

The only reason Kay Hagan has consistently held a small lead of Tillis is because people don't like the McCrory regime. You're either voting against Obama or you're voting against McCrory this election. So I'm not sure youre gonna see this huge rush from democrats to Tillis. But don't worry, Pubs will make it up on election day and the final days of voting.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
IMO there maybe less Republican turn out as I mention earlier in the thread that around 60% of state senate and house is already decided due to Gerrymandering, The poll of who voted this past weekend in unaffiliated is the unknown and that a significant number . I mention also earlier over hearing some not happy with either US Senate candidate so that more lack of interest in voting or 3rd party may get the vote.

My Mom is 73 and feabile and I visit her often for her health reasons.
She decided to absentee ballot but one of rules was to have two witnesses unless one is a registered notary.
It takes her forever to fill out ballot and Im not sure is it suppose to have two witness her marking and what good does it do. I saw she had as expected Thom name.
I also feel many Seniors like her (white native female over 60) are life long Republicans will always be and vote that party despite what the media states on medicaid plus seniors over 65 would likely be on Medicare.
Anyways, I told her we need to go to her BOE site that also has Early Voting, the line was long and she didnt want to stand in that or be exposed to other people germs as I just wanted two BOE officials sign off her ballot. I should let her mail it incomplete for it to be thrown out since I didnt like her choices

Maybe this election will give hope and large turnout in a mid term

I thought this is cute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrectdcH81U

Old 10-27-2014, 07:29 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,028,251 times
I was frankly surprised when I searched for some numbers to see the Unaffiliated count so close to the registered GOP. Gotta love those 25k Libs. lol

I don't think it will be a huge surprise to anyone that it will likely come down to turnout. If the trend continues and turnout exceeds the 44 percent from last midterm, I suspect Hagan wins pretty easily.

NORTH CAROLINA VOTERS*

• Republicans: 2.01 million

• Democrats: 2.76 million

• Libertarians: 25,000

• Unaffiliated: 1.80 million

*(as of Oct. 18, 2014)

Turnout as percent of registered voters:

Note: Hagan won her first term in the election of 2008.

• 2006 (midterm): 37 percent

• 2008 (presidential year): 70 percent

• 2010 (midterm): 44 percent

• 2012 (presidential): 68 percent

Source: North Carolina State Board of Elections

Read more here: CHAPEL HILL: Turnout will be crucial in NC's tight US Senate race | State Politics | NewsObserver.com

Old 10-27-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
IMO there maybe less Republican turn out as I mention earlier in the thread that around 60% of state senate and house is already decided due to Gerrymandering, The poll of who voted this past weekend in unaffiliated is the unknown and that a significant number . I mention also earlier over hearing some not happy with either US Senate candidate so that more lack of interest in voting or 3rd party may get the vote.

My Mom is 73 and feabile and I visit her often for her health reasons.
She decided to absentee ballot but one of rules was to have two witnesses unless one is a registered notary.
It takes her forever to fill out ballot and Im not sure is it suppose to have two witness her marking and what good does it do. I saw she had as expected Thom name.
I also feel many Seniors like her (white native female over 60) are life long Republicans will always be and vote that party despite what the media states on medicaid plus seniors over 65 would likely be on Medicare.
Anyways, I told her we need to go to her BOE site that also has Early Voting, the line was long and she didnt want to stand in that or be exposed to other people germs as I just wanted two BOE officials sign off her ballot. I should let her mail it incomplete for it to be thrown out since I didnt like her choices

Maybe this election will give hope and large turnout in a mid term

I thought this is cute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrectdcH81U

Two things: 1st, Can you expand on the gerrymandering comment. By that, I mean, do you think democrats make many gains? Obviously I know dems won't get a majority but if I'm not mistaken, the GOP has a super majority. Could dems break that super majority? I wish I knew more about State politics instead of Local/regional & Federal

Two: I think tonight will be a Roseanne night for me now

Old 10-27-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I was frankly surprised when I searched for some numbers to see the Unaffiliated count so close to the registered GOP. Gotta love those 25k Libs. lol

I don't think it will be a huge surprise to anyone that it will likely come down to turnout. If the trend continues and turnout exceeds the 44 percent from last midterm, I suspect Hagan wins pretty easily.

NORTH CAROLINA VOTERS*

• Republicans: 2.01 million

• Democrats: 2.76 million

• Libertarians: 25,000

• Unaffiliated: 1.80 million

*(as of Oct. 18, 2014)

Turnout as percent of registered voters:

Note: Hagan won her first term in the election of 2008.

• 2006 (midterm): 37 percent

• 2008 (presidential year): 70 percent

• 2010 (midterm): 44 percent

• 2012 (presidential): 68 percent

Source: North Carolina State Board of Elections

Read more here: CHAPEL HILL: Turnout will be crucial in NC's tight US Senate race | State Politics | NewsObserver.com
I agree that turnout will make or break someone. The mistake that they're making in the age breakdowns is 60 & above. They are lumping half of the boomers with their parents. Big mistake. Plus there is an intervening generation. They can't gauge 60+ as a unit for another 10 years until all of the boomers hit 60. At that point the boomers will dominate that group.

I've heard a lot of native women over 50 make disparaging comments about the anti-woman laws coming out of Raleigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina