Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:30 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,755,249 times

Advertisements

Actually, I think Check123 has lived in NY all his(or her) life.

Most of us "Yankees" don't have much contact with Southerners. There aren't a whole bunch of y'all migrating to NY or NJ, if you know what I mean. I guess a lot of people have only the stereotypes seen on TV or movies to go by.

Thanks for bringing up Paula Deen. Now I'm hungry......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2006, 11:57 AM

12 posts, read 43,764 times
slvrcts04 & check123,

I was kidding about you New Yorkers. Although, I do understand your anger.... the Red Sox have won a World Series more recently than the Yankees or Mets! Wow, that still sounds weird to me.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:01 PM

...and there's also the Super Bowl thing.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:04 PM

293 posts, read 958,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swb03 View Post
slvrcts04 & check123,

I was kidding about you New Yorkers. Although, I do understand your anger.... the Red Sox have won a World Series more recently than the Yankees or Mets! Wow, that still sounds weird to me.

I know, I know...do you have to rub it in about the Mets? They came so close this year! Anyway, good luck with the search on your move. We'll be there in just 27 days!!

Old 11-01-2006, 12:19 PM

Alright, I don't really have anything against the Mets. As far as I'm concerned, anyone from NY that doesn't like the Yankees is ok in my book!

Where in NC are you moving?

Thanks for the kind words and good luck to you as well.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:26 PM

293 posts, read 958,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swb03 View Post
Alright, I don't really have anything against the Mets. As far as I'm concerned, anyone from NY that doesn't like the Yankees is ok in my book!

Where in NC are you moving?

Thanks for the kind words and good luck to you as well.

We're moving to Indian Trail in Union county. We have friends there and they just love it.
What part of NC are you looking into?

Old 11-01-2006, 12:39 PM

We've gone back and forth between Wilmington, Charlotte and Raleigh, but I think Raleigh may have won the battle for a few different reasons. The biggest plus is the fact that my company is expanding there and I could probably get a job without too much of a problem.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:55 PM

531 posts, read 2,011,680 times
You know I am from the northeast and I have not found people to treat me differently. They comment that I talk different, but overall everyone has been very friendly to me. I think a lot of it is how you treat others. If you are a kind person that treats people with respect, you will get the same kind of treatment. I believe if you do unto others....you know the rest!

Old 11-01-2006, 02:26 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,342,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _bubbles View Post
LOL. I think some of dear misguided yankee friends come down expecting Paula Deen to greet them with mint julips, magnolia leis and bisquits & gravy (the sterotypes work both ways). Then they get here and are disappointed that they didn't get the warm reception they had hoped for.

Not sure if the sour grapes poster was one of them... but I have an inkling he is.
Paula Deen was here making mint julips and sausage biscuits and y'all didn't tell me!!!

Old 11-01-2006, 02:29 PM

6 posts, read 13,506 times
[quote=NCMom;147454]

Most of us "Yankees" don't have much contact with Southerners. There aren't a whole bunch of y'all migrating to NY or NJ, if you know what I mean. I guess a lot of people have only the stereotypes seen on TV or movies to go by.

NCMom, I'm alittle put off by your a "quotatin'" my use of the word Yankees. This is the kind of thing I was referring to by we Southerners being misunderstood at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina