Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 994 times

Advertisements

Why do they say it is one waiting week for benefits when they have the system set up to make you wait 3 weeks before getting money? This is the initial setup. 1st- they say use the internet to set up your Benefits,because its faster. 2-when you do this you have to apply for Benefits and this will take a week on its own and you can not file a week compensation the same week as this. 3- the second week I file my weekly, should be my holding week for pay, and should get money the following week. 4- When I file for the 3rd week after filing claim it says this will be your holding week??????? What happen to the week before? Now on the 4th week I will get a check for one week? What kind of game is NC playing on it's resident's? What happened to the other week I turned in? You have it on file! Did the same thing to me last year. Feed up with Politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 09:47 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times
You created an account just to post this?

I might suggest taking your complaint to someone who can actually do something about it, such as the Unemployment office, or even your local Representative--you know, one of those politicians. Not sure what you were wanting from us that you created an account here?

Old 01-25-2015, 05:13 PM

17 posts, read 24,748 times
Yeah, our system is pretty messed up. The average person works so hard and pays taxes and yet if your immagent, you don't have to pay taxes for 5 years. Pretty crappy but if venting about it will make you feel better, more power to ya. 4 weeks is a long time to go without a check. NC is a little slow about laws.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:58 AM

444 posts, read 582,071 times
NC has horrible unemployment benefits. My fiance was laid off and did not get paid until around week 10 once she had already found a new job. The attitude was that they want to keep the people who don't need the money off the roles. Well what about the people who do NEED it. Also, the fact that the MAX payment in only 350 a week is a BIG joke. Other states pay upwards of 750/week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina