Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 02:15 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,408 times

Advertisements

You asked about the weather.

Here in Greensboro, it's forecasted to be in the upper 60s on Tuesday and Wednesday. Rain is expected starting Wednesday evening and continuing through Thursday night. The highs for Thursday-Monday are expected to be in the 50s, so bring a jacket.

Keep in mind though that sometimes the weather doesn't do what it was predicted to do around here. It could end up being warmer than predicted or cooler.

Enjoy your trip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2006, 12:57 PM

105 posts, read 295,474 times
I see that people mention the south of Charlotte is a very desirable neighbor. What part or subdivision is nice between $200-300k.?

Old 11-14-2006, 02:15 PM

653 posts, read 2,987,017 times
I just found your post, because I usually spend time in the Raleigh metro area section - to put in a plug for the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, this is a wonderful area with a lot of relocating people. I have clients from California, NY and NJ, and FL, all coming here for the exact same reason as you and your family. If you make it this way during your whirlwind 5 days, please contact me - I can make sure you see the highlights!

Old 11-14-2006, 05:05 PM

4 posts, read 13,320 times
Default Also thinking of moving

For the same reasons everyone moves out of CA I too am thinking of moving to NC from OC, California. My family and I are coastal people and my boys and I surf regularly so was wondering if anyone of you would recommend a coastal area with a small town feel that is driveable to decent ( I understand it won't be CA caliber) surf. We are looking for all the positives that NC has. I have made a trip to NC and traveled from Wilmington to Moorhead City. I support our military but didn't like the feel of Jacksonville as it seemed as if there were bars and tatoo parlors on every corner in every direction. I'd love to hear your comments.
Thanks
Darrin

Old 11-14-2006, 07:25 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenlife7 View Post
I see that people mention the south of Charlotte is a very desirable neighbor. What part or subdivision is nice between $200-300k.?
There are so many -- Settlers Landing, Matthews Grove, Providence Glen, Weddington Ridge, Brightmoor, Olde Providence, Wessex Square, White Oak, Thornhill, Landon Meadows, Blakeney Heath, Weston Glen, Polo View, Stone Creek Ranch just to name a few.
Best of luck and please let me know if I can help

Old 11-14-2006, 08:18 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
For the same reasons everyone moves out of CA I too am thinking of moving to NC from OC, California. My family and I are coastal people and my boys and I surf regularly so was wondering if anyone of you would recommend a coastal area with a small town feel that is driveable to decent ( I understand it won't be CA caliber) surf. We are looking for all the positives that NC has. I have made a trip to NC and traveled from Wilmington to Moorhead City. I support our military but didn't like the feel of Jacksonville as it seemed as if there were bars and tatoo parlors on every corner in every direction. I'd love to hear your comments.
Thanks
Darrin

just curious Darrin...(from a former Southern Califorian)...how far would be to far from the coast for you and your family?

Old 11-15-2006, 06:34 AM

127 posts, read 600,144 times
Default Greensboro

Quote:
Thanks anonymous, that sounds real good, Greensboro is the leading city for me right now, hopefully the job and business opportunity is there. I'm excited to hear the anonymous. Thanks
Stay away from the south part of Greensboro. What will probably suit you are the suburbs northwest of Greensboro. Good schools, lower taxes, etc.

In the NW suburbs of Greensboro you'll find quite a few houses for sale on US220 and US150. I'd be really carefull about those homes, as both 220 and 150 are being widened to a 4 lane highway, which means the DOT is going to come and take part of your yard away and you'll have a house on a busy highway.

Are you coming out to buy, or to just look around and get a feel for what you can get for your money?

Old 11-15-2006, 06:51 AM

127 posts, read 600,144 times
Quote:
No In-n-Out burgers, I can live with that. Is Cracker Barrel a burger joint or BBQ. Maybe I'll open a Fat Burger Stand
Cracker Barrel is a chain that does good home cookin' type stuff. Personally I like the chicken and dumplings. If you open a Fat Burger I'll be first in line!

Old 02-04-2007, 01:05 PM

4 posts, read 7,209 times
Default Trader Joes Rocks!

CaliBoy - sorry for the late reply. I'm just reading your post now. You probably already found the TJ's in Cary, but here' s the addy just in case. And the website - http://www.traderjoes.com/locations.asp.

1393 Kildaire Farm Rd.
Cary, NC 27511
919-465-5984
9 am - 9 pm

How can we get them to open in Raleigh?? Triangel Town Center, or the new mall area by the airport, I forget what that's called. But Raleigh could sure use one, and another Whole Foods! if you know of any way we can sign a petition to get them going...

CaliBoy wrote:TRADER JOE'S!!!!!! MWheel, it is mandatory now that you MUST tell me the location of Trader Joe's in the RDU area! I thought there were 'plans' to build one, but if one already exists, I must go and satisfy my fix (btw, working for the first Trader Joe's in Pasadena when only 2 existed was my first high school job). Trader Joe's and I go way back!

PM or post with the address and/or telephone number, any way is fine. I just need it. Thx!!! [/quote]

Old 02-05-2007, 11:38 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheel View Post
1393 Kildaire Farm Rd.
Cary, NC 27511
919-465-5984
9 am - 9 pm
Thx. Already been and spent hundreds of dollars thus far (and am prepared to spend hundreds more). I was raised on TJ's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina