Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 06:20 AM

5 posts, read 13,031 times

Advertisements

Hi I am looking into the Concord area. How is it to live there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 4,214 times
Smile Goldsboro NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT in NC View Post
I have been here in Goldsboro for 13 years and hate it. Just recently decided to move. Unless you have any ties to the Air Force and SJAFB, there really is no reason to be in GOldsboro. The crime is high, drugs, prostitution, breaking and enterings everyday in the paper. Too many projects and low income run down. If you want a decent paying engineering job, Goldsboro is not the place to be. What about Raleigh?? The school system here is aweful too, if you have kids you don't want them in the public school system in Goldsboro. Trust me, take it from someone that knows...look elsewhere. Raleigh, Greenville, Wilmington....anywhere but Goldsboro.

I grew up in goldsboro (jr. high and high school) and do not advise anyone with children to move there!! Terrible public school system, prolification of drugs, and crime. I am from an upper middle-class family, lived in Walnut Creek, my Father was a high ranking officer in the USAF. All I can say is thank The Lord that my husband and I were able to move away from that stink hole. When my Dad retired my parents jetted out of there as well! I would never want to raise my children there---EVER. Run, Run, Run to Raleigh or Cary or Charlotte, if you have a professional career and the finacial ability to do so. Live in Wilmington only if you are going to College or are retiring a multi-millionaire. Stay away from Goldsboro, Kinston, Smithfield, Clayton, Snow Hill, Greenville. Otherwise consider the mountains for an affordable, eclectic, artistic, "natural" lifestyle.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:13 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Favorite NC Cities:

Charlotte
Asheville
Blowing Rock
Boone
Winston-Salem
Wilmington

Least Favorite NC cities:

Raleigh
Durham
Fayetteville
Eastern NC cities (except Wilmington)

Just a personal prefernece though! Everyone likes different thing!

Old 01-22-2008, 01:17 PM

25 posts, read 106,237 times
for all these people that say they dont like fayetteville, have you actually been to fayetteville, not just a drive thru going down I95, that doesnt count.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:35 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsncfay View Post
for all these people that say they dont like fayetteville, have you actually been to fayetteville, not just a drive thru going down I95, that doesnt count.
Yes. Typical military town. Strip joints, Adult book stores & Pawn shops.

I will give Fayetteville that they have cleaned up "Hay St".

Fayetteville has had alot of problems lately. Especially shootings & murders.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:23 PM

25 posts, read 106,237 times
well talking crime related... when i stayed in charlotte for a bit there was a guy that raped a girl in south carolina, went up to charlotte to he's brother's in a neighborhood off west harris, a cop shows up, he shots the cop takes he's brother hostage and from mallard creek to (sugar creek?) but was closed off, i was in that neighborhood at that time, 2 houses down across the street. later there was a shooting that killed to cops. i mean if people keep going off crime, i mean charlotte has just as much as with any other city, yes for a city of fayetteville's size there is a bit more but there is crime in every single city in the world.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:42 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
Quote:
Yes, I've lived in Fayetteville. Almost my entire family (mom's side & dad's side) have lived there since before I was born, so when I wasn't living there, I was visiting there every Thanksgiving, Christmas, summers, deaths, weddings, church things, etc. I don't like the area, but as someone else said, it's just an opinion and a matter of personal taste.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:41 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
Favorites
Durham
West Jefferson
Boone
Asheville
Edenton

Least Favorites
Charlotte
Greenville
Fayetteville

Old 01-23-2008, 03:04 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,292 times
My favorites would be:

Raleigh
Wilmington
Southport
Asheville
Boone
Charlotte

My least favorites would be:

Cary
Durham
Wilson
Goldsboro

(No offense to the people living in these places, just the overall look and feel of the cities.)

Old 01-27-2008, 12:15 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
Quote:
Yes, been living here the last 8 1/2 years, very cluttered, very crowded, crime rate is high, traffic is bad and I concur with the 7 oh 4's last post.

And yes they are trying to make it better but still have a lot of catching up to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina